THIS WEEK's PD
January 17: RA and Elementary meet separately
RA: Suicide prevention with Ann Duckless
Montshire PD (using place value)
Rationale for our professional development/ curriculum work: Here is a brief explanation of our thinking as we plan professional development.
1) We want to provide structured flexibility to support teachers as we learn to implement great projects and CE's in our classrooms.
2) We want to provide opportunities for collaboration, feedback and support.
3) We want to document our work to support reflection and sharing which can help us integrate curriculum PK-12. Our documents then become a vital part of our curriculum documentation, showing our work and its impact on student learning.
Feb 21: Break
Feb 7: Ra and Elementary meet separately
Elementary: Look at test data from January
Project planning time.
Elementary: Genius hour: Emily LLoyd
January 24: RA and Elementary meet separately
Elementary: Don't pick up the rope.
RA: 4th Block and then Outlook training (if ready)
January 17: RA and Elementary meet individually
RA: Suicide prevention with Ann Duckless
Monshire PD (using place value)
Jan 10 SME: Trauma Part 2
Q&A: What should teachers do in certain situations? We can talk about what we are dealing with.
Jan 3: RA and Elementary meet individually
Dec 20: RA and Elementary meet individually
Celebration of all the awesomeness!
Dec 13: RA Meet with Elaine
F&P Training (?)
Math and EA people
Dec 6: RA and Elementary meet individually
RA: Department meetings
Literacy discussion (Stern Center?)
Centers vs. Whole Group
Cafe/ Daily Five
Nov 29 RA: Project Skills Workshops--Round 2
Please sign up here for a workshop. WANTED: Do you have expertise in a skill that you would be willing to share with your peers? Please add your workshop to a new column in this document. You don't need to be an expert, you can facilitate a session where you collaborate to learn together.
Bring your supplies and ideas.
Nov 22: Thanksgiving
Nov 15: RA and Elementary meet individually
Mindfulness/ calming corner (Julie's friend, Renee)
Academic Energizers (Julie)
Nov 8: RA and Elementary meet separately
RA will meet with Ann Duclkess.
Nov 8 SME: POSTPONED: Project Planning work
You will have time to collaborate and plan a project. Schedule a meeting with the person you want to meet with ahead of time to make sure that they are available to meet. This is your time:
- Elementary can meet with their team.
- You can meet with a project partner.
- You could meet with a "skill trainer" (there will be another skill session on Nov. 29).
- Keri works with Carmen and Emily Lloyd.
Nov 1: RA and Elementary meet individually
Elementary will prep for conferences.
Oct 25 RA: Planning Exhibitions--engaging community in learning
How can we display student work? How can our displays engage the viewer in thinking about the topic, ponder questions, and get a sense of student thinking. (Keri)
What makes a good exhibition? (Kirsten and Carmen)
We will break into up to set specific dates for exhibitions in each building.
Oct 18: RA and Elementary meet separately
NWEA/ CPAA trial
Oct 11: WES - Assessment of Projects
Kirsten and Carmen will share what they learned at the HTH assessment conference that they attended.
SEA training on math vocabulary and supporting kids in centers/ math (with Kathy)
Monday, Oct 8 Inservice RA:
Project Skills Sessions: Please sign up for the skills that you would like to learn.
Oct 4: RA and Elementary meet individually
Last minute hike questions
Montshire Museum 330-400
Sept 27: RA and Elementary meet individually
EA teachers with Kathy McGowan on intentional math skills to integrate into EA curriculum
Community Meeting Template Discussion/ Classes leading CM discussion
Nuts and bolts
3 Way Conferences/ Grading
Sept 20: RA and Elementary meet individually
Small Topics (AESOP, Attendance, Lock Down)
Math Monthly Focus - Place Value and Centers
3 way conferences discussion
RA: How to make a student portfolio. Introduction to Advisory Challenge #2.
Sept 13: RA and Elementary meet individually
Individual time in classrooms
Sept 6: RA and Elementary meet individually
Aug 30: RA and Elementary meet individually
Staff Meeting (whole staff)
Monday, Aug 20
- 7:30 Mix and Mingle
- 8:00 Introductions
- 8:15 Video
- 8:30 Nuts and bolts
- 10:00 Trauma workshop presentation
- 12:00 REA Potluck Lunch / meeting
- 1:00 Staff meeting: RA in Library SME & WES in Multi
- 2:00 Special Educators meet with Jan
Tuesday, Aug 21
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 8:00 Hovercraft Case Study
- 10:30 Continuous Improvement Plan
- 11:15 Maggie Stoudnour, Trails
- 11:30 Lunch
- 12:30 Class Time (Special Educators meet with SEAs during class time)
Wednesday and Thursday, Aug 22 & 23
- 8:00 Staff meetings
- 11:00 Lunch
- 12:00 Class Setup