Collaborative, practical, results-oriented Director Of Technology driven to guide organizations in incorporating seasoned technology. Adept identifying needs and connecting to innovative and intuitive solutions. Excels at building productive and strategic relationships and effective teams while maintaining an eye on costs and an organization’s direction.
South Shore Charter Public School - Director of Technology & Communication (2011 – Present)
- School Leadership: Collaborate with school leaders & teachers to determine technology systems to meet school policy, procedural and financial requirements. Identify, design, write automatic data workflow integration between systems. Manage technology personnel.
- Systems Management: Design, implement, & monitor technology infrastructure & line of business systems including SIS, finance, content delivery, CMS, library management, etc.
- Finance: Create Technology Budget by determining requirements, obtaining bids, and setting up purchases. File E-Rate paperwork. Advise in other finance requisitions.
- Educational Services: Perform professional development for new technology initiatives. Lead administration of PARCC testing. Teach 3-4 & 9-12 grade technology classes. Participate in other technology and digital literacy programs.
Vigorous Mind, Inc. - Director of Information Technology (2007 – 2011)
- Responsible for software/hardware infrastructure; collaborate on defining business & technical product needs; consult on support & sales tasks.
Learning Machines, Inc. - Consultant (2004 – 2011)
- Manage Learn-Net, Inc. support & implementation in the US.
- Sub-contractor for Pearson School Systems, Inc. (PSS) creating & performing conversions from legacy products to PowerSchool via various ETL tools.
- Sub-contractor for PSS extracting/grooming/loading data to Inform data-mining product.
- Implementation and database related services for additional custom projects.
Learn-Net, Inc. - Director of Information Technology (2003 - 2004)
- Responsible for customization/implementation activities of an MSSQL/.NET based SIS/ERP product for educational institutions.
- Defined technical & business requirements using US market research and client meetings.
- Managed additional technical & business implementations and training.
- Conducted product demonstrations; defined scope & estimation of US sales contracts.
- The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 1990-1994, B.S., Psychology with concentration in Personalities and Group Dynamics