SRMS Counseling Center
Welcome to Scotts Ridge Middle School Counseling Center
SRMS Counseling Staff:
Mrs. Eliza Baker ext. 3410 Class of 2024
Mrs. Mary Wyton ext. 3407 Class of 2023
Mrs. Elizabeth White ext. 3409 Class of 2022
Mrs. Sara Minotti ext. 3414
Mrs. Kim VanAllsburg ext 3408
Mrs. Colleen Murphy Guidance Dept Administrative Assistant / Attendance
Mrs. Glenny Montanari PPT Paraprofessional
Please feel free to contact us at (203) 894-5725 regarding any questions or concerns, or to schedule an appointment. We can also be reached through email by clicking on the name of the person you would like contact.
Why Middle School Counselors?
Internal changes, coupled with the challenges of the outside world, reinforce the goal of middle school counselors to teach students skills to help them through this difficult stage of life and to use these skills on a daily basis. To accomplish this, middle school counselors provide and carry out a comprehensive counseling program that focuses on the uniqueness of students in three areas of development — academic, career, and personal/social.
What do we do?
- Individual counseling for students regarding academic, behavioral, family and social issues
- Developmental Guidance lessons and Group Counseling which can focus on: Study skills, goal setting, peer issues, social skills, conflict resolution, career exploration, and high school planning
- Consultation and collaboration in support of teachers
- Provide Academic Assistance and Grade Reporting
- Act as a parent resource by providing support
- Referrals to outside services for counseling