Our classes are collaborative learning environments that cater for the many learning needs of our students by using tested strategies such as mixed ability grouping, tuakana teina, mentoring, and one on one learning.
Our deliberate move towards creating Innovative Learning Environments (ILE) in our junior school was in response to research and strong evidence that supports our Charter goal of:
- We will continue to take a collective and collaborative-shared responsibility to strengthen our pedagogical practice and teacher knowledge, supporting the learning needs of each individual student in a strong and meaningful relationship and partnership with parents, family, and whanau.
- Our school offers classes from Year 0 (5 years of age) to Year 8 (13 years of age).
- Most students will spend two years with their current teacher before starting another awesome relationship with a new teacher.
- Our Y7 / Y8 students travel to Ngaruawahia Primary School every second Wednesday to utilise their technology suite.
- Our students enjoy the luxury of learning with other students across the school at various times and/or on specific tasks.