Course Description: In this class, we’ll read, write, watch, think, discuss, support, and create. We’ll do much of the work for this class in class (which means less homework), so it’s important that you come to class ready to focus and use your time wisely.
Primary Texts We Might Use:
- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Films We Might Watch:
- "The Road" (2009)
- "Restrepo" (2010)
- "Korengal" (2014)
- "Smoke Signals" (1998)
- "A Streetcar Named Desire" (1951)
- "The Handmaid's Tale" (TV show - 2017)
- Listen, speak, respect, write, think, read, share, present, revise, advocate, plan.
Assignments and Grading:
- Points Earned/Points Possible - Students' focus, however, should be on progressing toward mastery of skills, not on achieving a certain grade. To develop this mindset, students will frequently reflect on their assignments and learning, will receive frequent feedback from Ms. Clifton, and will have frequent opportunities to revise.
- Google Classroom, Gmail - check these daily for assignments and announcements
- You need this class to graduate.
ASK SOONER THAN LATER IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!