Woodland Regional Student Government Mission Statement:
Our mission is to foster positive spirit, encourage service participation, and promote civic engagement within the Woodland school community to enhance the experience of the Student Body, and to fulfill our motto ‘Here to Serve’ – one poster, one project, one leader at a time.
- To foster a supportive student community of civic minded individuals
- To emulate the processes of our federal democracy
- To learn and develop opinions about current events, government, and politics
- To compose and introduce legislation that addresses a problem
- To enhance public speaking and spontaneous speaking skills
- To build lifelong friendships
NatStuCo National Tenets
The four tenets of student government; principles that we as an organization should believe in and strive to foster:
- Set a positive course for others to follow.
- Develop and expand leadership knowledge and skills in yourselves and others.
- Explore and practice democratic principles and citizenry.
- Build an environment of caring through volunteerism.
- Serve others in the school and community.
- Expand academic strengths through service learning.
- Be the voice of your student body.
- Give every student the chance to be heard.
- Share ideas, concerns, and solutions through positive communications.
- Promote fully accessible and inclusive activities and events.
- Make every student feel welcome and a part of school life.
- Foster a safe and inviting culture for all students.