Welcome to Room 128!!!
It's hard to believe another year is over, and it's time to enjoy another summer. Enjoy the wonderful weather, and don't rush it. However, it's never too early to think about next year! Be sure to look out for a welcome letter in August to hear all about my fun summer adventures as well! If you would like to get a head start, here is a list of supplies you will need for next year. Although I will provide as much as I can, it's always great to have your own set of everything:
- Small box of crayons, markers, and/or colored pencils. Even in third grade you will still be using them!
- 1-2 glue sticks
- Pencils with erasers. Extra good erasers also never hurt :)
- A hard case to organize your pencils, erasers, and other supplies
- One three ring binder (we will use this as a poetry notebook and resource binder)
- Tab dividers with tabs to label (no less than 6)
- 1-2 GREEN pens for editing and revising our writing
- 2 composition notebooks (1 for math, 1 for science & social studies)
- 3x3 post it notes for Reader's Workshop (we will go through a lot of these)
- 1-2 boxes of tissues, if possible (we also go through tons of these throughout the year)
Whatever supplies you are able to provide is greatly appreciated!
Also, don't forget your summer reading challenge AND your math challenge. They will both be collected at the beginning of school, and remember there are special prizes for doing both, or at least one of the challenges!
We are going to have a wonderful third grade year together! I look forward to all of us becoming a classroom family, and growing together. For now, enjoy your summer vacation! See you in August!
Miss. Westman :)