The media center is inviting students to sign-up for special activities in our MakerSpace during their study hall. MakerSpace is a place where students can gather to create, invent, tinker, and discover new things.
Students can sign-up to use their study hall time to "make" something.
All that's needed is a little imagination!
- Play, Invent, and Learn! Squishy Circuits uses conductive and insulating play dough to teach the basics of electrical circuits in a fun, hands-on way. Let your creations come to life as you light them up with LEDs, make noises with buzzers, and spin with the motor.
- Celebrate National Poetry Month by creating Blackout Poetry, original poems and artwork using the pages of old books.
- Hold a hologram in the palm of your hand with AR (Augmented Reality) by using the Merge Cube.
- Would you like to learn electronics, with an all-in-one board that has sensors and LEDs built in? Explore programming on real hardware with no soldering or sewing required!
- Are you ready to jump in? Experience virtual reality headsets and photography in this one-day lab. Find yourself immersed in diverse settings that you won't want to leave.
- Use recycled cardboard to create games, furniture, fidget toys -- the options are limitless.
- Learn computer programming by using a tiny computer through fun, practical projects.
- Experience the Kendama, a traditional Japanese skill-toy that fosters creativity, problem solving, and mindfulness.