Books Clubs you have with friends are fun, aren't they? We want to read cool books and have a good time learning with all of our colleagues from around RCSD!
For successful completion of this Book Club PD, we are asking you to:
- Read the book.
- Participate in one discussion board of your choosing per module. You must engage/participate on at least 2 different dates, if not more. This is our best attempt to facilitate discussion.
- Submit your personal reflection document at the end of each section. You must reflect both on what you read and the conversations you had with colleagues.
Let's make our Book Club fun!
We want these discussions to be engaging! We do not all have to post our thoughts in written form alone. That could get tedious quickly and we definitely do not want that. Who said learning has to boring? There are many ways to reflect and show your thinking/learning- write, create, draw, video, etc.
Please make sure you read through some of our extension ideas. This is in no way an exhaustive list. Have other ideas? Please go for it! We will add ideas to this list as we find them.
Our hope is not only to make our Book Club discussions more interesting for everyone, but also to give you some ideas you can use in your own practice.
RCSD Reads Personal Reflections - Shake Up Learning
After you have had a meaningful discussion in each section of our RCSD Reads Book Club, we would like you to take a moment to think about what you read and reflect on the discussions you participated in with your colleagues.
This is a personal reflection. Please write about whatever it is that you would like to reflect upon from this section of the book club. These are some possible starters if you need to help you get started; you do not have to answer each of these:
- What was your biggest take away from this section?
- What is something you learned from this section that you are excited about?
- What is something you learned from this section that challenged some of your previously held beliefs?
- Are there any changes you are planning to make in your role going forward as a result of this section?
For each section, please be sure to
- Indicate which discussion you participated in (recording the letter is sufficient)
- Write your personal reflection, addressing both what you read and the discussion you participated in.