January 7. 2019
- Girls' basketball A and B teams will be on the road this week taking on Pleasant Lea Tuesday. A, B, and C will play at Bingham Thursday. C Team will be at home against New Mark Wednesday. Let's go Cardinals!
- Boys' A and B basketball will be playing at home against Pleasant Lea, Tuesday and Bingham, Thursday. C-Team will host New Mark at home Wednesday and play on the road at Bingham, Thursday. Good luck boys!
Track season will be here soon. Eligibility for Track athletes (7th and 8th grade) is based on 4th trister grades!
- Our Major Saver campaign begins Wednesday! Students will bring home information that afternoon. Major Saver card sales support Raytown Education Foundation. REF supports our students and schools with scholarships for high school seniors, funding for attendance incentives, and classroom grants for teachers.
- All grades are beginning Unit 3 in our Social-Emotional Learning curriculum. Unit 3 focuses on emotions and dealing with stress and anxiety.
- 7th grade students will be practicing Mindfulness in their classes this trister. Our goal is to decrease the number of students missing class time for buddy rooms as a result of disruptive behavior. Practicing mindfulness reduces anxiety, helps students to focus, and leads to increased student success.
- There will be no school Monday, January 21, in honor of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
- Mr. Piggie is excited to announce a new Game Club! Game Club meets daily from 7:15-7:45 in the cafe. Interested students should stop by the Recovery Room for more info.
- Any students interested in participating in Debate and Competitive Drama should plan to attend the meeting after school Tuesday from 3:00-4:00 in Mr. Smith's room.
- Ms. Baumgarden is looking for students to participate in Scholar Bowl. Please stop by and see her if you are interested in participating.
- Puzzle Club will meet in the Library from 3:00-4:00 Tuesday.
- Art Club will not meet this week. The next meeting for 6th grade will be Tuesday, January 15, from 3:05-4:30. 7th and 8th grade will meet Thursday, January 17, from 3:05-4:30.
- Math Tutoring will resume next week.
- There will be no Homework Help this week.
Support our school!
Support our school!
- We are a Box Tops School! Please send any Box Tops you collect with your student to help raise money for our school. Students can turn Box Tops in to their Advisory Teacher to get Cardinal Cash.