Stars, Vision and Mission
Supporting Each other
We believe in supporting our students, staff and community so that they can reach their potential.
- Give priority and emphasis to the basic skills of literacy and numeracy.
- Identify and develop students’ special talents in all areas.
- Provide as much extra assistance as possible for identified students.
- Teach strategies for developing interpersonal and academic skills.
- Provide students with supportive role models.
- Actively reflect on our programmes in order to improve them.
- Gain community support and involvement in our school.
- Engage in ongoing review to support changes to programmes which result in improved student achievement.
Tell the Truth
We value positive, open and honest communication among our students, staff and community.
- Know and reflect our beliefs, targets and goals.
- Work together openly in a professional and cooperative way.
- Work as a team to plan and share goals, programmes and events.
- Support decisions made that are consistent with school beliefs and assist others who may be acting contrary to these.
- Consult and communicate with our community in an honest and upfront manner.
- Be open about our successes, concerns, achievements and setbacks.
Achieving Our Goals
Our success is based on a continuing process of developing and maintaining high standards.
- Ensure awareness of current and annual school goals and targets.
- Negotiate syndicate, class, group and individual learning and environmental goals as needed.
- Develop meaningful review systems that lead to continued improvement.
- Have high expectations for student achievement and set standards for children’s work.
- Keep up to date with approaches to teaching and learning and reflect what is appropriate in our teaching programmes.
- Value quality over quantity, ensuring a manageable workload for all.
We believe in nurturing and respecting our diverse school community.
- Respect the school’s bicultural and multicultural diversity in our operations and communications.
- Recognise, respect and celebrate the diverse talents, successes and needs of our students, staff and community.
- Allow freedom for individuals within the boundaries and framework of our school direction and goals.
- Model respect for others to our students.
- Teach the value of respect as part of becoming a respectful school.
We believe that as a school, we are responsible for our work, direction and success.
- Maintain positive management techniques with clear and reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Accept a zero tolerance of bullying and discourage anti-social behaviour while promoting positive choice making.
- Build student self-esteem.
- Maintain relationships and environments that are collaborative, supportive and cooperative and that emphasise self determination and responsibility.
- Be responsible for determining our school's direction, developing our self-review capabilities.
Vision and Mission
- RANGIKURA SCHOOL’S VISION - ‘Home + School = Rangikura’
Total collaboration and collective ownership in the education and well-being of our students!
Underpinned by the value of RESPECT:
- for Self
- for Others
- for our Environment
This is our foundation for building and strengthening Relationships of trust & honesty inside & outside school.
"The pursuit of excellence"
Pursuing excellence in school means:
- A clear focus on learning and commitment to students.
- Reflecting on what we do and striving to improve.
- Close community and family links.
- Celebrating the achievement and success of our diverse school community.
- Respectful dialogue and collaboration amongst all involved in our school.