- New paper in Earth System Dynamics! "On the social dynamics of moisture recycling"
- New paper in PLoS ONE! "World's largest cities depend on evaporated water from surrounding lands" (also, link to published paper in PLoS ONE)
- Nature Editorial on Science Fiction Prototyping
- Commentary published at ReThink - Global Gambles in the Age of Humans
- Radical Ocean Futures has been published!
- “Approaching Moisture Recycling Governance” has been published in Global Environmental Change.
- Thanks to my hosts at One Earth Future Foundation for inviting me to give my talk “Radical Ocean Futures”. Looking forward to more collaboration in the future.
- I began my new position as a Research Scientist at the School of Global Environmental Sustainability, at Colorado State University.
- I am now Dr. Keys! I successfully defended my PhD thesis “The Precipitationshed: Concepts, Methods, and Applications”; great discussion with my opponent Deliang Chen, and my other committee members.
- New paper in Foreign Policy Analysis: “Conditional Relationships Between Drought and Civil Conflict in Sub-Saharan Africa”
- At EGU2016, presenting PICOtalk “The precipitationshed as a tool for tracing hydrological tele-connections” at Pico spot 1 on Tuesday, 19 Apr 2016, 08:38. Presentation viewing at 8:54-10:00 at PICO screen PICO1.5. See you there!
- New paper at PLoS ONE: “Revealing Invisible Water: Moisture Recycling as an Ecosystem Service”
- New paper posted at HESS: “Variability of moisture recycling using a precipitationshed framework”
- At the Global Land Project conference in Berlin. Here’s a copy of my poster: Impacts to human well-being from coupled land-use change and moisture recycling changes.
- Great AGU Conference! Thanks to all the old and new friends that I saw, and for the great new ideas!
- Just had a great experience at the “Agriculture for Development” conference in Uppsala, where I gave a talk on precipitationsheds and their dynamics (spatial scale, variability, scope for management).