Atmospheric Dynamics & Variability
Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University
Our research covers atmospheric dynamics and variability under different climates. This includes...
- large-scale atmospheric dynamics and climate change
- sub-seasonal to seasonal prediction of extreme events, temperature, and precipitation
- tropical-extratropical teleconnections
- causal discovery and AI in climate research
- eddy-mean flow dynamics (e.g. annular-modes, wave propagation)
- air quality and its ties to the large-scale circulation
- effects of climate change on tropospheric and stratosphere-troposphere transport
- the use of simplified models to understand the general circulation
Check out our current projects and recent news coverage here.