Our Recipe for Success
“Success is not a place at which one arrives, but rather the
spirit with which one undertakes and continues the journey.”
This means a couple of things. First, it means that although the end result (grades) are important, the journey that we take along the way as we curiously investigate the world around us, stretch our thinking, grow in character, and become a true community of learners is just as important as that end goal of grades. What this also means is that as you, your parents and your teachers work together for you to have a successful expedition through eighth grade, we need to do it in the spirit of:
* Be here - Giving 100% in all that you do
* Being responsible and disciplined
* Setting and meeting goals
* Being a curious explorer – S-T-R-E-T-C-H your brain!
* Making choices to be positive, encouraging and having a great attitude
* Have fun! – Work made fun gets work done!
Middle school is an important time in your social and academic growth as you switch classes, take on more responsibility and build relationships with classmates. We will take steps together working towards your success as you prepare for your future. You will be challenged to grow in many ways and, if you are willing to work hard, you will love the direction that this journey will take you in!