For future preachers (da’ees)
The Foundation in Usool-ud-Deen course is a foundational course in the Islamic Sciences specially designed for future preachers (da’ees).
The course is open for adults (men and women) and is held on a part-time basis during weekends and weekday evenings.
This course is based on the fundamental Islamic Sciences: Qur’anic Sciences, Hadeeth Sciences, Jurisprudential Sciences, Islamic Creed & Philosophy, Spiritual Sciences & Purification of the Heart and Intensive Arabic Language.
The class is taught by a panel of leading scholars, including Shaykh Khaled, Shaykh Muwaffaq, Ustadh Qari Mansoor, Ustadh Mubeen, Ustadh Abdul Mustwafa, Ustadh Shafee and Ustadh Belall.
Currently in progress.
Next intake: Jan 2020
The Foundation in Usool-ud-Deen curriculum is a blend of the traditional Asian Dars-e-Nizami and the content taught at Ahlus Sunnah universities of the Arab world.
The content is based on the authentic Aqeedah (creed) of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah and covers a wide knowledge range. The course prioritises the Qur’aan and Sunnah, as taught by the early scholars of Islam, and is intended to produce individuals schooled in the five key fundamental sciences of our Deen: Qur’anic Sciences, Hadeeth Sciences, Jurisprudential Sciences, Islamic Creed & Philosophy, Spiritual Sciences & Purification of the Heart, and intensive Arabic Language.
Much emphasis is laid on mastery of the Arabic language as the final 3rd-year classes are primarily in Arabic.
At the end of the three years of study, these Da’ees will be fully equipped to be able to deliver what they have learnt in their respective localities, as well as hold office as Imam, hold Jumu’ah speeches, become youth leaders and public speakers.
- It is advisable to have a strong niyyah (intention) and sincerity to undertake the Usool-ud-Deen course till completion.
- Adults (both men and women, above 18 years old).
- Commitment to embark on preaching and sharing the acquired knowledge with the Muslim Ummah after the course.
- Essential English and French language comprehension (SC level).
- Ability to read the Qur’aan.
- Basic computer skills: MS Office, internet, etc.
Period of Study
The period of the course of study is 3 years, with each year divided into 2 semesters: Semester 1 spans from mid-July to mid-December and Semester 2 from mid-January to mid-June.
There is a mid-semester evaluation and two weeks of revision before each semester exam period.
Classes are held during evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and from 13:15 to 16:30 on Saturdays and from 9:00 to 12:30 on Sundays.
Breaks and Swalaah times are allocated.
- Assessment is carried out through exams and assignments.
- Class attendance also counts towards the final grade.
- At the end of the three-year course, each student who has fulfilled all the course requirements (attendance, assignments, exams, etc) will receive a Certificate of Completion of Usool-ud-Deen Foundation course, together with an Ijaazah (authorisation) to teach these sciences.
- Students who have followed the classes but not sat for the exams will only receive a Certificate of Attendance.