Family & Consumer Sciences
Important information to know...
- This is a yearlong 8th grade elective course
- Most assignments are completed in class
- Topics covered include, personal reflection of adolescence, textiles, clothing care and sewing, nutrition, food preparation and foods, the food industry, cultural foods and an introduction to financial literacy
- Grades include writing a daily quote in agenda books, classwork and projects, labs and tests
- Some assignments are excused when students are absent