Pink Lady® Pollination Project
Welcome to the Pink Lady® Pollination Project
Apple and Pear Australia Ltd (APAL) is pursuing the development and implementation of a standardised approach to ensuring Pink Lady® branded product, and the growing environments involved in its production, are contributing to improvements in bee population sustainability.
What's it all about?
This is considered an important step in future proofing the Pink Lady® brand on a number of fronts:
- Productivity: Wild and managed pollinator health is considered a vital ingredient for ensuring the future productivity and yield requirements to meet global food demand.
- Protecting against reputational risk: Bee, and other pollinator, population sustainability is growing traction worldwide as concern for consumers and retailers.
- Protecting against regulatory risk: Globally, we are seeing an increasing interest among governments in increasing protections from negative environmental impacts, including impacts on pollinator populations.
By engaging growers and stakeholders on the development and implementation of a bee sustainability program APAL believes it can ensure the future growth and sustainability of the Pink Lady® brand.
- For background information on the proposal being considered check out the 'Background' tab above.
- Check out consultation details at the 'Consultation' tab above.