PSI Panthers Athletics
PSI PANTHERS Updates and News
Monday 16th September 2019
1. No Middle or High School Football, Cross Country this week due to WWW trips.
2. No Primary or Secondary Swim Squad this week.
3. Gr 2 / 3 Football Monday 16th Sep 3pm - 4pm is still on.
4. Gr 4 / 5 Football Friday 20th Sep 3pm - 4pm is still on.
5. New Saturday Football Fitness sessions have been set up for middle and high school boys and girls teams - optional training session - see google classroom for more details.
Friday 13th September 2019
1. HSG Football players have early release at 2.30 pm on Friday 13th September for a game at KIS school. Please report to check in and change in the change rooms before heading to the buses.
Thursday 12th September 2019
2. No training for any sports during week without walls for secondary students.
3. No PPSP Swim Squad on Wednesday 18th and 25th September
4. Congratulations to HSB and HSG Football teams who both had wins against KCA Eagles on Wednesday. Good luck with your games on Friday 13th at KIS
5. HSG Football players have early release at 2.30 pm on Friday 13th September for a game at KIS school. Please report to check in and change in the change rooms before heading to the buses.
Wednesday 11th September 2019
1. No football or cross country training on Thursday 12th September from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
2. Secondary Swim Squad still has training 7am to 8am on Thursday 12th September.
Tuesday 10th September 2019
1. Good luck to our MSB and MSG Football teams today as they play against KIS @ KIS - please see this page for details.
Early release for teams are as below:
- Tuesday 10th September - MSB and MSG Football @ 2.30 pm - come to change rooms and get changed into playing uniform and you should be on the bus by 2.45pm.
Monday 9th September 2019
1. KSSL Friendly games this week - home and away - please see this page for details. Good luck to athletes and coaches. Please note that athletes will be looked at by coaches for CEESA team selections.
2. Early release for teams are as below:
- Tuesday 10th September - MSB and MSG Football @ 2.30 pm
- Wednesday 11th September - HSB Football @ 2.30 pm
- Friday 13th September - HSG Football @ 2.30 pm
Thursday 5th Sep 2019
1. Please note there will be no training for any teams on Thursday 12th September in the afternoon from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm due to a Primary event. The secondary swim squad will still train from 7am - 8am that morning.
Wednesday 4th Sep 2019
1. No training for any teams / programs today due to Secondary Back to School curriculum event. Training resumes on Thursday 5th Sep.
Monday 2nd Sep 2019
1. Primary Football Gr 2 and 3 starts today in the covered pitch from 3pm to 4pm - athletes go to the covered pitch to meet their coach
2. KSSL Meeting was today at PSI and we have some friendly football games starting next week from 9th September - more details coming.
Friday 30th Aug 2019
1. HSB Football training will now be at PSI Football Pitch - players meet at the gym reception as usual and then we will organise what we will do. The Agricultural Uni field is not ready yet for us to use.
2. We have cancelled the Season 1 Tennis programme. This was due to both low numbers of students signed up and renovations occurring at the venue close to the school. We will look at doing tennis again in Season 3 starting in March 2020 and we will look at also having it for Middle School and High School. You may wish to consider football or cross country which is also offered in Season 1. If you wish to do that please come and discuss with me. There will also hopefully be Table Tennis in Season 2 and you might want to sign up for that in November.
Wednesday 28th August 2019
1. Season 1 Athletes should see Ms Yulia at 11.25 am to 12.05 pm each day to try on CEESA Tracksuits. The deadline to do sizing is September 6th 3.00 pm. If you are selected in CEESA teams you will then get a free tracksuit with your name and flag on it.
Thursday 22nd August 2019
1. Season 1 starts next week with meetings and uniforms issued (3pm - 4pm). Bring your lap tops to the auditorium at 3.00 pm - you do not need to check in at gym reception.
Football players bring your boots and shinguards - compulsory or you do not train. You will get new socks.
Tuesday - 27th August 3.00 pm in the Auditorium - MSB & MSG Football
Wednesday - 28th August 3.00 pm in the Auditorium - HSB & HSG Football and MSHSBG Cross Country
Both days training will be until 5.00 pm - after meeting the athletes will train.
2. Secondary Swim Squad starts Tuesday 27th August 7.00 am - at the moment we have only 7 spaces but this may increase in the 2nd or 3rd week. if you are invited you will get a permission note to be signed by parents and then return to Mr. Floyd. Also you need to have your swim medical check completed by PSI Doctor. - please note this program is different from Secondary ECA and is by invitation only by the athletics director.
3. Primary Swim Squad starts Wednesday 28th August 3.00 pm - 4.00 pm - if you are invited you will get a permission note to be signed by parents and then return to Mr. Floyd. Also you need to have your swim medical check completed by PSI Doctor.
4. Gr 4 / 5 Panthers Primary Football starts Friday 30th August 3.00 pm - 4.00 pm at the PSI Football Pitch - please go straight to the football pitch to meet your coach Mr. Reardon. Bring your football shoes and shin guards. We will give you a uniform (shirt and shorts) as well as socks. If you have been invited to be in the team/program please return your permission note / contract to Mr. Floyd.
5. MS Tennis Program - at the moment we need more students in gr 6, 7 and 8 to sign up for the tennis program. If we do not get more interest then we may have to cancel the program. Please see Mr Floyd before 30th August if you are interested
Friday 16th August 2019
1. Registration opens Monday 19th Aug. Mr. Floyd will come to PHE lessons and discuss the program with students and also check on who wishes to sign up for Season 1 sports - football, tennis and cross country. Also check out the details here. The form must be completed on line to complete the process. Also refer to CEESA Hosting Handbook and the CEESA Hosting Video. Also complete this form if you have not done already - 2019 - 2020 Medical & Emergency Information Form
2. New Secondary Swim Squad Program starts 27th Aug if you are interested please complete and EOI (Expression of Interest) Form - here. Details also available in the Monday email.
3. New Panthers Primary Sports Program (PPSP) starts from 27th August with Primary Swim Squad - Grade 3,4,5, Grade 2 / 3 Football and Grade 4 / 5 Football. Spaces are limited and students need to complete the EOI (Expression of Interest) Form and then coaches and the athletic director will select students using a criteria.
EOI - Primary Swim Squad - 16 spaces
EOI - Grade 2 / 3 Football - 10 spaces
EOI - Grade 4 / 5 Football - 10 spaces
If you are selected you will get an invitation letter.
4. S.A.L.T - Positions Available for 2019 / 2020 - Gr 9 to 12 Secondary students only
Last year we started the Student Athletics Leadership Team which is a group of students working with the Athletics Director to help organise and conduct events in the Panthers Athletics Programs and to give students a voice in different ways. We are looking to increase the number of students in the program and if you are interested please look at the following documents and complete an application form (please submit it before 27th August 3.00 pm):
Please note meetings will be Tuesdays 3.15pm to 4.00pm and bus transport for PSI bus students can be used.