- Typing Club - In this class we will be using a special website, an online typing tool, to teach your child/ren the touch-typing techniques and to improve their keyboarding skills. Learning to touch type helps students be more productive and further prepares them for success in school and beyond.
- Homework Club - Need some help with your homework? Or you do you need some time scheduled in your week to focus on completing your homework? Then homework club is for you. Please bring the homework that you need to complete each week. If you need any help, I am more than happy to assist.
- Math Club - Students will explore the math with story problems, logic, and puzzles. We will be doing this through games, group activities and individual. Math is fun and in everything we do.
- Writing Club - Come learn about writing and explore your imagination! Use your creativity to develop your writing skills through different styles and fun activities.
- EAL Students Support | Teachers’ nomination only - The focus will be on verbal, reading and thinking skills through games and activities.
- International Tour Guides - Build knowledge of places you are curious about, or develop a better understanding of places you know or have been to. In this ECA we will research, ask questions, explore and present information about places of interest in the world, countries or landmarks.
- Basketball - Come learn & enjoy the Sport of Basketball. Learn to Dribble, maybe improve your 3 point shot, Come out and have fun, Novice to a Junior player. Laugh & Learn, Team success and Individual growth will make you a better player for the future.
- Zumba is perfect for 8 -12 years old kids to get a chance to be active and jam out to their favourite music. Zumba classes feature kid-friendly routines based on original Zumba choreography. The teacher will break down the steps, add games, activities and cultural exploration elements into the class structure. Zumba helps develop a healthy lifestyle and incorporate fitness as a natural part of children's lives by making fitness fun. Classes incorporate key childhood development elements like leadership, respect, teamwork, confidence, self-esteem, memory, creativity, coordination, cultural awareness.
- Swimming - enjoy fun swimming lessons at the PSI swimming pool!
- Indoor Rock Climbing is a fantastic way to get fit, build strength and stamina and have fun with other PSI students!
- Karate - Students will be introduced to fun and challenging martial arts training that will help improve agility, flexibility, strength and motor skills coordination.
- Aikido - The aim of this activity is to teach you Aikido, which will build your physical fitness and coordination. It will teach you a traditional martial art and practical self-defense skills. But along with this, you will also learn discipline and respect, through working and helping together with the fellow students.
- Super Saturday Sports Football is a structured extra-curricular activity, designed to build skills, teamwork and sportsmanship, including drills and game plays.
- Artistic Gymnastics - Improve flexibility, muscular strength and coordination through gymnastics activities and games. Students will be challenged to learn new movements and build routines under the guidance of gymnastics coach.
- Rhythmic gymnastics classes go through a detailed warm-up that will focus on increasing flexibility, strength, coordination & learning basic and safe body skills while utilizing an apparatus such as a Rope, Ball, Hoop, & Ribbon to music.
- Sports time introducing new sports to children that may or may not have played before attending these classes. We cover many sports such as football, rugby, basketball, hockey, dodgeball, lacrosse, etc.
- Yoga and mindfulness are great opportunities to stretch, breathe and relax after working hard all day. We will begin each class with a breathing and mindfulness activity to get us feeling calm and relaxed. We will then learn basic yoga poses and routines to improve our flexibility and strength. Please come wearing comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat if you have one.
- Painting with a professional Ukrainian artist, Mr. Ivan Bobkov . You will explore colours and patterns, develop painting skills and have fun along the way.
- Decorative Painting - You will be taught painting on clay, wooden, cardboard and canvas objects.
- Watercolour Painting - During these lessons students will explore basic elements of water colouring, including different techniques, like: composition and layering, brush usage, drawing shapes, texturing, mixing colours. Students will be taught how to use the basic techniques in creating still-life paintings, starting with the simple tasks, moving on to more complex subjects (from very simple shapes to the compositions with different shapes). Also, students will learn how to make compositional decisions based on the main design principles.
- Guitar - Do you dream of becoming a rockstar?! We can help! Come and jam! For beginner to intermediate players.
- Dancing with Ms. Val - Students will practice to find the beat to music that will help stimulating the brain, developing understanding of the rhythm and coordination to bring up little dancers who are fit both mentally and physically!
- Ballroom dance - Are you getting confused with all different ballroom dances types? Come and learn the difference!
- Quilling is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs.
- Mindfulness meditation - Mindfulness education is exactly what it sounds like: the purposeful inclusion of mindfulness and mindful meditation principles, theories, and practices into education. The goals of mindfulness education are to help students learn: self-awareness, empathy, techniques to calm and focus the mind, mindful communication, applying mindfulness skills to everyday life.
- Crafts with cardboard - With the help of their imagination, corrugated cardboard, and glue students will create different creatures.
MEDIA & TECH ACTIVITIES
- Programming - gives an ability to create things using just your pure imagination. CodeCombat (the platform that we'll be using in class) was started to give learners the feeling of having a wizard power in their fingertips by using a typed code, that enables the students to learn faster. Kids will be using special websites - an online tool to teach your child how to do programming and improve their programming skills. On that website, your child can practice and master one or more lessons at a time. It allows them to pick up where they left off in the course.
- Movie Scripting & Making - This ECA is all about getting together a group of students, have them to collaboratively write a script with different endings for a movie, then shoot the scenes in the facilities and eventually put those together with iMovie. Each kid would have multiple scenes and roles, and each one of them would end up working with iMovie to put their own movie together.
- 3D Printing Club - Using 3D scanner and software students will create a 3D copy of themselves. Students will work on their own project, prepare it for being printed and will learn how to fix 3D mistakes and print their projects out on 3D printer. The course will improve students' three-dimensional thinking, they will work with 3D scanners and 3D printers.
- Lego club is an opportunity for students to use their creativity to build various structures with Legos. During this time they will get to practice valuable skills such as working together, communication, sharing, and cooperating with others. Further they work on developing their reasoning as they figure out the best way to build the structure they want.
- Bumblebee robotics - Students will be introduced to the world of robotics. Students will also be using computers, tablets, applications and other creative tools to develop problem solving, analytical and creativity thinking and decision-making skills.
- Computer effects movie maker club - students will make scripts for movie, get skills working with green screen, record and edit sound, will create movie in movie maker program.
SOCIAL & LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
- Registered playground - Come to the playground to enjoy swings, slides, fun and games with your friends, nice weather and fresh air!
- Board Games - Stay and play different board games with your friends: Scrabble, domino, chess, Jenga, etc.
- Chess - Students, do you like to play chess? If so, come and join this after school activity each week. You will learn how to play this game and have fun with other friends.
- Primary Green Team - Do you care about the Earth and want to help our school be more sustainable? Join the Primary Green Team! You will have the chance to work together on different projects that you come up with to help our school be more beautiful and friendly to the Earth!
- PSI Cheerleading Squad - This program will support the school and will bring people together. This ECA is open to anyone from 5th grade to 11th who wants to participate.
- KFN Cooking Club - join the club to learn how to make your favourite dishes , like: pizza, pretzels, Christmas cookies, chicken panini, cinnamon rolls, Greek salad, burekas, and traditional Ukrainian Borsch soup!
- Play and strategies for Self Regulation. Students will come to the counsellor's office and explore a variety of toys and objects that can be used to help them regulate their emotions. It is related to the Zones of Regulation which is being utilized in the school.
- The Design Thinking course will be an introductory course for primary students teaching them the fundamentals of the design thinking process as it connects to IB. The course will consist of engaging, hands-on approaches to learning that will motivate and inspire students to think critically, creatively, and collaboratively to solve problems. The skills students will develop are essential skills that are needed in the higher level course and in the future marketplace.
MOTHER TONGUE PROGRAM
These extra-curricular activities are for native speakers only. We are offering the following MT lessons in the first season:
- Mandarin Chinese
- Bosnian / Serbian / Croatian