⚠ We now have a Middle School specific and a High School specific Kit
⚠ Front Range CC and Susan Brown will NO LONGER be supplying any materials to PSD.
Equipment Lists, Ordering Info & Curriculum
For the reservation process, scroll down, for kit contents and curricular materials use the links below.
STEP ❶ Ordering Pipettes, Tips, Gel Boxes & Casting Trays
2. Click the log in icon on the right- use PSD username (not full email) and password
3. Change first drop down menu to Curriculum/FOSS Resources
4. Search for either
📍 Middle School Biotechnology Kit (doesn't include as many consumable used in genetic engineering experiments)
5. Select “book resource”
6. Select your dates with the date picker. Sub-scripted numbers below the date tell you the number of KITS available. First date you pick = delivery date.
7. Click "book item" once you selected your dates (make back to back reservations if you want more than 10 days)
Use this teacher lab prep manual to help you order the materials you need! ➥
STEP ❷ Ordering Reagents, Enzymes, and other Items formerly supplies by FRCC
📌 We have limited consumable supplies (pipette tips, agar, microfuge tubes, etc.) available in the boxes shipped from the warehouse.
📌You can order reagents for FREE from New England BioLabs Course Support & Reagent Donation program.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill in the "Submit an Inquiry for More Information"
- You will receive an automated email, if you do not receive the email check your junk email, if you are still unable to find it, email Lori at email@example.com
- The email will include a link to an order form (an example order form is attached)
- You will be asked to submit a copy of the protocol that is being used and they will assist you in determining the amounts of materials you will need.
STEP ❸ Ordering Petri Dishes (optional)
📌 Order any plates you would like from Deryl Keney at CSU by emailing her at Deryl.Keney@colostate.edu.
📌 Typically, the cost for all three plates is $1.00 per lab group.
📌 Concentration of ampicillin and arabinose in the LB plates: 100.0 µg/ml ampicillin | 5.0 mg/ml arabinose
📌 Expect a 3 day turnaround time when ordering plates!