Use this teacher lab prep manual to help you prepare the materials you need! ➥
📌 Schools have limited consumable supplies (pipette tips, agar, microfuge tubes, etc.) so if you are borrowing a kit you may need to order on your own.
📌 Reagents such as plasmids, DNA, bacteria, and enzymes are NOT INCLUDED and must be ordered by individual schools.
📌You can order reagents for FREE from New England BioLabs Course Support & Reagent Donation program.
Ordering Petri Dishes for Transformation Lab
📌 Order any plates you would like from Deryl Keney at CSU by emailing her at Deryl.Keney@colostate.edu.
📌 Typically, the cost for all three plates is $1.00 per lab group.
📌 Concentration of ampicillin and arabinose in the LB plates: 100.0 µg/ml ampicillin | 5.0 mg/ml arabinose
📌 Expect a 3 day turnaround time when ordering plates!
Lab Overview Videos
- ABE Intro video
- Lab 1 video: How to Use a Micropipette
- Lab 2 video: Preparing to Clone the rfp Gene: Digesting the pKAN-R and pARA
- Lab 3 video: Building the pARA-R Plasmid
- Lab 4 video: Verification of Restriction and Ligation Using Gel Electrophoresis
- Lab 5 video: Transforming Bacteria with the Ligation Products
- Lab 6 video: Purifying the Fluorescent Protein
- PCR lab video