Pattonville School District Transportation Department
Providing safe, friendly and efficient transportation for the students of the Pattonville School District.
Location, Department Hours and Contact Information
Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:00am to 4:30pm
Director of Transportation
Tammy Holzschuh Router/Dispatcher
Jeanette Pashia-Riley Router/Dispatcher
School Bus Safety
General Rules for School Bus Safety
- Always be at least 10 feet away from the bus while waiting for the bus or after disembarking.
- Students should arrive at their designated bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick up. If a student drops something while the bus is present, he or she should tell the bus driver and never try to pick it up. Never run to catch the bus.
Protecting Your Child at a Bus Stop
- Work with other parents to have children walk to bus stops and wait in groups. Use the “buddy system: whenever possible.
- Create a Safe Walking Plan with your child using the safest and most direct path to the school bus stop.
- Stay at least ten feet away from the street while waiting for the bus.
When Boarding the Bus
- Check that shoe laces are tied and both book bag straps are across both shoulders.
- When the bus approaches, line up in single file and do not walk toward the bus until it comes to a complete stop and the driver opens the door.
- Use the handrail to board the bus and go directly to your seat.
When Inside the Bus
- Stay seated throughout the entire trip.
- Talk quietly to your seat partners.
- Ask the driver’s permission to open windows.
- Keep arms, head and hands away from windows.
When Leaving the Bus
- Stay outside the danger zone, keep at least 10 feet away from the bus.
- Stay where the driver can see at all times.
- Watch for the driver to give you the thumbs up sign before crossing the street.
- ALWAYS cross the street in front of the bus, never behind the bus.
- Never stop to pick up anything from under the bus.