Pattonville School District Future Calendars
The calendars for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years were drafted by Pattonville’s calendar committee, which included parent, student, teacher, support staff, board member and administrator representatives. A major factor in developing the calendars was complying with a state law that went into effect last fall. House Bill 604 prohibits school districts from setting the first day of school more than 14 calendar days prior to the first Monday in September (Labor Day).
When developing Pattonville's new calendars, the calendar committee focused on improving student achievement and took into consideration survey feedback from parents, students and staff. Other factors included family and staff considerations, professional development needs and holidays/special events. Key features of the new calendars include:
- Fewer early dismissal days at all grade levels (including high school “C” days);
- Ending first semester and high school finals before winter break;
- All grade levels resuming classes on the same day after winter break;
- Make-up days for inclement weather or other emergencies being added to the end of the calendar, to be used as needed; and
- Adjustments to some school hours to comply with state requirements (see below).
Pattonville is adjusting operation times for the school day beginning next year in order to meet state requirements for hours of instruction in a school year, complete first semester prior to winter break and allow adequate time for bus routes. The length of the school day will remain the same for all levels, except high school, which will have five minutes added to the end of each day to meet the required number of minutes. Start times for elementary and middle school are being adjusted for transportation purposes. Start and end times for each level for next year are as follows.
Updated Student Attendance Hours for the 2020-2021 & 2021-2022 School Years.
Preschool (no change)
- Full Day: 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Half Day (morning): 8:15 to 11:15 a.m.
- Half Day (afternoon): 12:15 to 3:15 p.m.
- 8:55 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
Remington Traditional School
- 8:05 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
Holman and Pattonville Heights middle schools
- 8:10 a.m. to 3:03 p.m.
Pattonville High School
- 7:23 a.m. to 2:18 p.m. (“C” days will be from 7:23 a.m. to 1:19 p.m.)
Important Dates 2020-2021 School Year
- Aug. 24 - First day of school
- Sept. 25-26 - Pattonville Homecoming
- Nov. 3 - No school for Election Day
- Nov. 25-27 - No school for Thanksgiving break
- Dec. 23 - Jan. 3 - No school for winter break
- Jan. 4 - No school for collaboration day
- Jan. 5 - School resumes after winter break
- March 22-26 - No school for spring break
- April 2 - No school for spring holiday
- May 27 - Last day of school for Grades K-11 (subject to change due to snow days - see below)
- May 28 - Possible make-up day
- June 1-7 - Possible make-up days
- June 3 - Graduation
Important Dates 2021-2022 School Year
- Aug. 23 - First day of school
- Nov. 24-26 - No school for Thanksgiving break
- Dec. 23 - Jan. 2 - No school for winter break
- Jan. 3 - No school for collaboration day
- Jan. 4 - School resumes after winter break
- March 21-25 - No school for spring break
- April 15 - No school for spring holiday
- May 24 - Last day of school for Grades K-11 (subject to change due to snow days - see below)
- May 25-27 - Possible make-up days
- May 31 - Possible make-up day
- June 1-2 - Possible make-up days
- June 2 - Graduation
Make-up Days and Summer School
May 28 and June 1 through 7 are designated as possible make-up days in the 2020-2021 school year should the district need to cancel school for inclement weather or other emergencies; and May 25 through 27, May 31 and June 1 and 2 are designated as possible make-up days in the 2021-2022 school year. A make-up day will be used each time a regularly scheduled student attendance day is canceled due to inclement weather or other emergency. High school finals, the last day of student attendance and staff report day will be adjusted accordingly for each make-up day used at the end of the school year.
All school calendars are subject to change to be in compliance with state law, including the required number of emergency days and the agreed upon number of contracted days for staff.
Summer school dates are dependent on the number of emergency days used during the regular school year and are subject to change.
2020-2021 Printed District Calendars
2020-2021 School Calendar Summary (Printed Version)
2020-2021 Early Childhood Calendar (Printed Version)
2020-2021 Elementary School & Remington (Printed Version)
2020-2021 Middle School Calendar (Printed Version)
2020-2021 High School Calendar (Printed Version)
2021-2022 Printed District Calendars
2021-2022 School Calendar Summary (Printed Version)
2021-2022 Early Childhood Calendar (Printed Version)
2021-2022 Elementary School & Remington (Printed Version)
2021-2022 Middle School Calendar (Printed Version)
2021-2022 High School Calendar (Printed Version)
Note: All school calendars are subject to change to be in compliance with state law, including the required number of emergency days and the agreed upon number of contractual days for staff. Non-student attendance days in these calendars may be changed to student/staff attendance days at the discretion of the superintendent based on inclement weather significantly impacting school attendance.