Pattonville PAT Post
October 10 - Play
November 7 - Child Development
December 5 - Parenting Behaviors
January 9 - Developmental Topics
Architecture of the Brain - January 18
Pattonville Parents as Teachers (PAT) Program
Are you the parent of a child under 5?
If so, we have the perfect program for you and your child...the Pattonville Parents as Teachers program. This program is built on the premise that parents are a child's first and best teacher. Did you know that children learn most from the people they love?
Being a parent is a lot more fun and much less stressful if...
- You know how your child grows and develops.
- You know how to encourage your child so he will get off to a great start in life.
- You share experiences and receive support from other families who have a child the same age as yours.
The Parents as Teachers program includes...
- A special time with you and your child - home visits with a parent educator
- A time for sharing and learning with other parents - parenting classes and group meetings
- Fun activities for both parent and child
- Age-appropriate screenings for your child
- Assistance with difficult issues (i.e. sleeping, toilet training, discipline)
- Developmental information and education
- Resources linking parents with special services, if needed
Who is eligible?
This program is FREE and available to all families in the Pattonville School District with young children. This includes families who:
-Are expecting a new baby
-Have children under school age
Interested in enrolling the Parents as Teachers? We currently have a waiting list for the home visiting component of the program. While you're on the waiting list you and your family will still be able to receive the following:
- Developmental Screening
- Group Connections
Our primary focus of the program is ages Prenatal through 3 years old.
Parent Educators If you are currently enrolled in the Pattonville Parents as Teachers program and would like to contact your parent educator by phone, please call (314) 213-8003, and enter their extension below to reach them directly.
Kathy Albers, x 3
Kathy Weber, x 5
Lori Connors, x 4
Tammy Davis, x 6
Julie Hilker, x 2
Cheryl Norfolk, x 1
Tess Gaeng, x 7
Parents as Teachers performs developmental screenings, that assesses the following areas:
- Self-Help Skills
- Social Emotional Development
For more information, please call 314-213-8100.
If you're interested in scheduling a screening please follow the link
This screening takes approximately 2 hours and you will remain with your child throughout the screening process.
If you or your child's primary language is not English and will need an interpreter, please call the office AND allow us 2 weeks to confirm and schedule an interpreter.
Screenings are currently for children 3-5.
What to Expect on Your Personal Visit
Pattonville's team of parent educators provide support, resources, and developmental information to help with your most important, but sometimes toughest job; that of being a parent. Each family enrolled in PAT is provided with their own personal parent educator.
Parents as Teachers conducts personal visits with families of children ranging from prenatal through age five, using research based information in cognitive, social, motor, and language development.