2018-19 & 2019-20 Pattonville School District Calendars Lodged for Board Action
The 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 calendar committee met three times to develop proposed calendars. The proposed calendars comply with state and district guidelines and focus on improving student achievement. Factors discussed during the development of the calendars included student learning, professional development needs, family considerations, staff considerations, and holidays/special events.
Additional information considered in the development of the calendars included district policy, information from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and Missouri Public School Law. During the calendar development process, feedback was gathered from parents, students, and staff on the DRAFT calendars. Members on the calendar committee included a board member, parents, students, administrators, teachers, and support staff personnel.
Features of the proposed calendars include:
• A professional development day before the first day of student attendance
• A later student attendance start date in the third week in August
• A shorter first week of school for students
• Four common early dismissal days at the elementary and middle school levels
• No school for students on November 6, 2018 due to mid-term elections