Students in Kindergarten to Grade 5 are mandated to wear a school uniform everyday, Monday through Friday, all year. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS ALLOWED (for example: trips, birthdays or any special occasion). No jeans will be allowed.
- This policy is effective as of the very first day of school.
- Boys will be required to wear light blue t-shirt or polo and dark blue (navy blue) pants. Girls will be required to wear light blue t-shirt, blouse or polo and dark blue (navy blue) pants, skirts or jumpers.
- On the day your child has dance, theater or gym he/she may have the option to wear dark blue sweat pants with a light blue t-shirt or their regular uniform, but they MUST BE in uniform.
- If a student comes to school without their uniform a phone call will be made to the parent/guardian to bring the uniform so the student may change.
- During the warm weather your child will be allowed to wear the uniform shorts as long as they are an appropriate length. No daisy dukes or any type of short shorts.
Parents that cannot purchase the uniforms due to financial hardship must speak to Maribel Piña or Migdalia Sifre. Please be assured that all requests shall be kept confidential.
If a parent would like their child to be exempt for religious reasons etc. there is a UNIFORM EXEMPTION REQUEST (page 6). In order to obtain this exemption you will have to have a conference with Maribel Piña either by telephone or in person.
The P.S. 1 PTA will be selling the light blue t-shirt with our mascot for $8.00 at the beginning of the school year which is also another option you have. (The sale of these t-shirts is not a fundraiser the money is collected to facilitate the purchase of this item on the parents behalf)
Parents, that are willing, can bring the uniforms that their children have outgrown and are in good condition to Maribel Piña or Migdalia Sifre for donation.
If you would like to read the chancellors’ regulation on uniforms, see Chancellor's Regulation A-665.