Change of Student Information
Change of Student's Legal Name
Name changes must be accompanied by legal documentation showing the child's name has legally been changed.
Ex. Birth Certificate, court documents or any other legal documentation.
Change of Address
In order to change your child's address on file, please visit the office during office hours and provide us with the following:
1. Two (2) proofs of address from the list below:
- Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A current property tax bill for the residence;
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
- Income tax form for the last calendar year;
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a paystub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes, or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.
2. Once we receive the proofs of address, you will be asked to complete a Housing Questionnaire form.
If you have any questions, please contact Glorimar Ortiz Sifre at 718-567-7661 Ext 152.