XP Careers Hub
Welcome to the Careers Hub at XP.
At XP we have always had careers at the heart of our expeditions whether it's working together with experts, out on fieldwork or creating our products. Given the importance of our careers, its time to further develop and improve our programme throughout the school, not forgetting our new Post-16 Provision!
Working in partnership with DMBC Careers Hub, Doncaster Chambers, Doncaster Skills Academy and Higher Education Progression Partnership (HEPP); XP are committed to providing all our students with a comprehensive programme of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG). We are committed to preparing our young people to be successful in the modern world therefore all students across XP will take part in a Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme that:
- Follows the principles of the Gatesby Benchmarks
- Provides each student with high quality, impartial advice as well as opportunities and experience to develop the essential employability and life skills in order to become effective citizens and employees
- Is integrated into the students’ experience of the whole curriculum
- Encourages all students to consider their career throughout Key Stage 3 and 4
- Encourages all students to consider their career and higher education pathways throughout their post-16 programmes
- Encourages all students to develop confidence in making decisions and career choices which are suitable and ambitious for them
- Develops key enterprise and employability skills
- Develops an understanding of the world of work and how to respond to changes in today's workplace
- Raises aspirations and promotes equality and diversity
Who can I talk to about Careers?
If you want more advice about different careers there are a range of people in the School that you can speak with.
- Your Careers Leads, Mrs Rigby firstname.lastname@example.org & Mrs Green email@example.com
- Your Crew Leader
- Your Assistant Principal
- Your Expedition/ Subject Teachers/ Learning Coaches
For general information we also have a careers information board and careers library with useful information in the Library
For further information about Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance at XP School – please see the Careers Policy
Every student has a login for START profile, which can be accessed via the link above – either at school or at home.
This software will help you to explore the world of work, help you decide which subjects to study at GCSE and beyond. By creating your own profile, a list of job roles specifically matched to your personal skills & qualities, likes & dislikes will be produced for you to explore further. With lots of videos of local people in each sector to explain more about what different jobs are really like.
Our library now features a bespoke 'CAREERS HUB' area that all our students can access on a daily basis. The area is packed with guides on career options and apprenticeships, books on a number of featured careers provided by how2become.com, university prospectuses, information booklets on higher education provided by HEPP as well as Mac access for further online research.