Plainfield Schools Science Fair
Welcome to the site of the 2019 Plainfield School District Science Fair! On this site, you can...
- Register to participate in the competition - DUE NOVEMBER 20th
- See qualifications, rules, individual and team scoring (for medals and the traveling trophy)
- Find the fair schedule
- See the grading rubric ***RELEASED IN EARLY DECEMBER***
- Learn about this FUNDRAISER for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (below)
- Contact PlainfieldScienceFair@gmail.com with questions, comments, or concerns
The Science Fair will be on January 26, 2019, 7 AM - 12 PM hosted by Plainfield North High School. Parents, teachers, and students are welcome. See the schedule here.
Don't forget to bring you team's $12 CASH entry fee/donation on Fair Day!
This is a fundraiser event!!! In the spirit of science and discovery, 100% of your $12 cash entry fee to the Science Fair goes cancer research at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital!!!
There will be a donation bucket at the fair for any additional donations anyone would like to make.
Learn more about St. Jude's cause here.
What Do I Do for a Science Fair?
The answer is left open ended on purpose! Be creative, search for ideas. If you have a few general ideas in mind, just wait for the judging rubric to come out and see what will fit best! Your entry has to demonstrate a scientific principle, but the more creative the method, the better! You're welcome to invent something new or a model, and explain what scientific concepts it uses, or you're welcome to do a lab demonstrating a principle. The goal will be to construct/demonstrate a interesting scientific concept through a creative demo, model, etc. and present it through the concepts of science. As long as it connects back to science and you created the project, it's fair game!