Darrin was born and raised in Cottage Grove, Minnesota. His parents are retired and live in The Villages, Florida. He attended high school at St. Thomas Academy in Mendota Heights, Minnesota where he was an active and successful member of the debate team, ultimately winning a state and national championship.
After earning a presidential scholarship for debate to attend Wake Forest University, Darrin moved to Winston-Salem, North Carolina where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics in 2005. Darrin continued to be an active participant on the debate team where he earned numerous awards. He was also the president of Pi Sigma Alpha, the political science honors society, a member of the Screamin Demons student fan club, and an engaged member of the College Republicans.
After undergraduate, Darrin accepted a Dean’s scholarship to attend Wake Forest University School of Law where he earned his Juris Doctor in 2008. Darrin excelled academically and participated in the law schools Trial Bar and Moot Court competitions.
After becoming a member of the North Carolina Bar, Darrin began working for the District Attorney’s Office in Cabarrus County. Primarily focusing on District Court, Darrin was able to quickly enhance his trial advocacy skills. He also prosecuted in Private Warrant Court, Juvenile Court, and Administrative Court.
After working at the District Attorney’s Office, Darrin accepted an Associate position with Teague, Campbell, Dennis & Gorham in Raleigh. As an advocate for some of the largest insurance companies in the country, Darrin learned how to evaluate Workers’ Compensation and personal injury cases before the North Carolina Industrial Commission, and North Carolina Courts.
In 2010, Darrin founded a general practice law firm in Cabarrus County, returning to where he had practiced at the District Attorney's Office. Darrin has continued to practice in the Cabarrus District Court and Superior Court, building on his training and experience from the DA's office. Darrin has been elected vice-president, and now president of the Cabarrus County Bar for the last two years.
- Criminal Defense
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- North Carolina 2008
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, 2010
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts, Majors: Political Science and Economics, 2005
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Juris Doctor, 2008
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member (Workers’ Compensation Section)
- Cabarrus County Bar Association, President
- Cabarrus County District Attorney’s Office: Assistant District Attorney
- Teague, Campbell, Dennis & Gorham, LLP: Associate
- The Law Offices of Darrin M. Gamradt, P.C.