Salesperson / System Designer
Salesperson / System Designer
Job Summary: Alfred J. Perez is a privately-owned company seeking an outside Salesperson / System Designer for our Houston Office. We’re looking for highly motivated Individuals to join our sales force. We are looking to add 1 or 2 goal oriented individuals that have the ability to become a Field Trainer or Area Manager.
About Us: Alfred J. Perez provides quality home technologies through the options process in designing comprehensive integration of structured wiring, home theater media, distributed AV, home control, landscape speaker, indoor and outdoor tvs, panelized lighting, shading, cellular boosters, Ham radio and other state-of-the-art systems.
We also provide commercial venues such as offices, schools, houses of worship, nightclubs, sports bars, restaurants, fitness clubs with high value, high impact sound, lighting, video projection, distributed av, networking, structured wiring, automation, two-way radio, mass notification and other state-of-the-art technologies.
Requirements: Sales - 2 years
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Prospect and contact potential customers
- Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments
- Create sales material to present to customers
- You will be in charge of contacting new homeowners in an assigned area
- Build relationships with sales agents in new home areas to generate leads for AV and automation installs
- Must be capable of correctly writing a scope-of-work for every job that will allow the customer to understand how their system works. The scope-of-work will also help the installation team understand how to correctly install the system to meet the customer’s expectations.
- The Salesperson is responsible for handling the business relationship with their client. This includes issuing change orders, customer expectations, customer satisfaction issues, etc.
Idea Candidate: The ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
- 3+ years experience in the custom AV industry
- Proficiency in Google Mail, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Ability to learn and understand proposal-writing software including D-tools,. Salez Toolz , and Tigerpaw
- Experience with home automation, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to design a home automation system
- Experience with networking, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to design a home and a commercial network
- Experience with lighting and shade control, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to design a lighting and shade control system
- Experience with distributed audio/video systems, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to design a distributed audio/video system
- Experience with PA and audio systems, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to design both background and foreground audio.
- Ability to generate new business by developing contacts with builders, interior designers, architects, and other trades
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: A competitive initial base plus commission and bonuses. Expected salary range $50k-$80k. High performers can earn considerably more.
Education: High school or equivalent
Training: You will be trained by a sales manager in a controlled environment until you can perform the duties yourself. We highly value training as an on-going process. You must be open and able to learn.
Notes: We are looking for someone that can communicate effectively and is very confident. Those two things are a MUST. We are looking to start someone ASAP! So apply today!
How To Apply: If you meet the above qualifications, please review our website, email a cover letter, resume and salary history to jobs (at) alfredjperez.com
We are a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.