Job Summary: Alfred J. Perez is a privately-owned company seeking an outside Senior Technician for our Houston Office. We’re looking for highly motivated Individuals to join our team. We are looking to add 1 or 2 goal oriented individuals that have the ability to become a Lead Technician or Project Manager.
About Us: Alfred J. Perez provides quality home technologies through the options process in designing comprehensive integration of structured wiring, home theater media, distributed AV, home control, landscape speaker, indoor and outdoor tvs, panelized lighting, shading, surveillance cameras, cellular boosters, Ham radio and other state-of-the-art systems.
We also provide commercial venues such as offices, schools, houses of worship, nightclubs, sports bars, restaurants, fitness clubs with high value, high impact sound, lighting, video projection, distributed av, networking, structured wiring, automation, two-way radio, mass notification and other state-of-the-art technologies.
- Must have 2 years experience related to Residential AV automation and IT fieldwork.
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Must speak, read, and write English fluently
- Must be Drug Free
- General construction knowledge
- Networks knowledge (LAN, WiFi)
- Communication knowledge (RS232, IR, RF, IP)
- Computer knowledge (applications, tools and development)
- Some knowledge of home electronics and system integration
- Installation of Network Infrastructure (data jacks, modular panels, etc)
- Installation and configuration of Home and Commercial automation equipment
- Installation and configuration of Network Hardware (routers switches, WAPs)
- Installation and configuration of Home Theater equipment
- Installation and configuration of Audio Video Systems
- Strong computer literacy
- Troubleshoot equipment and wiring to determine the cause of malfunctions
- Follow design documents to complete projects
- Provide daily reports with description of work performed and materials used
- Current hi-end Audio Video equipment setup and calibration
- Alarm systems installation & programming
- Camera System installation & programming (including network setup)
- Lighting Control systems familiarity (Control4, Lutron, DMX-512)
- Signal flow and data distribution (HDMI matrixes, extenders, . . .)
- Intercom and Telephone systems setup & programming
- Electrical 110V knowledge
- Rack building, pre-wiring retrofit & new construction
- Great troubleshooting skills and ability to solve issues
- Must be capable of correctly understand and follow a scope-of-work created for every job that will allow you to correctly install the system to meet the customer’s expectations.
- The technician is responsible for handling the business relationship with their client while on-site. This includes issuing change orders, customer expectations, customer satisfaction issues, and basic user training, etc.
- Highly organized
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong and clear communication skills
Idea Candidate: The ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
- 3+ years experience in the custom AV industry
- Proficiency in Google Mail, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Certifications: CEDIA, Control4, A+, A+ Networking
- Experience with home automation, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to install a home automation system.
- Experience with networking, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to install and configure a home and a commercial network
- Experience with lighting and shade control, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to install and configure a lighting and shade control system
- Experience with distributed audio/video systems, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to install and configure a distributed audio/video system
- Experience with PA and audio systems, an understanding of how it works, and the ability to install and configure both background and foreground audio.
- Ability to generate new business by developing relationships with clients.
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Bilingual English and Spanish
Job Type: Full-time
Education: High school or equivalent
Training: We highly value training as an ongoing process. You must be open and able to learn.
Notes: We are looking for someone that can communicate effectively and is very confident. Those two things are a MUST. We are looking to start someone ASAP! So apply today!
How To Apply: If you meet the above qualifications, please review our website email a cover letter, resume and salary history to jobs (at) alfredjperez.com