McKinney-Vento Homelessness Assistance Act

Even if you lack a permanent residence, your children can receive help to stay in their home school district. Please contact Ms. Cramphorn at 267-514-1823 x222 or with any questions or with an assistance request.

The McKinney-Vento Homelessness Assistance Act can help provide school stability for your child if you do not have a permanent home and are:

  • Staying with friends or family because you lost housing.
  • Living in a shelter, including transitional programs.
  • Staying in motels because you cannot get your own home.
  • Living on the streets, in a car, van, tent or other nonpermanent structure.

A General Guide to Pennsylvania’s Education for Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness (ECYEH) Program -


McKinney-Vento Homelessness Assistance Act & National Center for Homeless Education:


Philadelphia School District – ECYEH: