Respect, Resilience, Responsibility, Reflection
Some of the ways we show respect at school:
- caring what others have to say
- following instructions straight away
- using our manners at all times
- caring for our learning environments and equipment
We value RESPECT because it allows us to develop and maintain positive relationships with others.
Some of the ways we show resilience at school:
- happy to go into the learning pit - when we are there, we know we are learning new things
- keeping on trying even when our learning gets hard
- getting back up and having another go when things don't go our way
- learning from our mistakes
We value RESILIENCE because it encourages us to keep going and not give up.
Some of the ways we show responsibility at school:
- being organised for learning
- using our learning time wisely
- putting equipment away after we have finished using it
- looking out for and caring for others
We value RESPONSIBILITY because we need to be accountable for our actions and it is the basis for trust and honesty.
Some of the ways we show reflection at school:
- knowing what we are learning and why
- being able to talk about our learning with others
- thinking about our learning and seeing what changes or improvements to make for next time
- we ask ourselves "how did I do?"