Check out all of the new titles for the Prek- 2nd grade readers.
The winner of the 2017-18 California Young Reader Medal contest is:
"This book has no Pictures" by B.J. Novak
We read the five books listed below to each K-3rd grade class. At the end of March, students voted on their favorite book. All participating California student votes were counted April 1st, and the winning book was announced May 1st.
- "Night Animals" by Gianna Marino
- "Gaston" written by Kelly DiPucchio Illustrated by Christian Robinson
- "If you plant a seed" words and illustrations by Kadir Nelson
- "This book has no Pictures" by B.J. Novak
- "The Snatchabook" written by Helen Docherty and illustrated by Thomas Docherty
Cougar Coding Club
The club meets every Wednesday at lunch recess. Students do not have to have previous coding experience. This club is for 5th-6th graders. We are currently learning to use Ozobots, tiny robots that follow code. Students have designed pong games, dance dance games and will use Makey Makey kits to make game controllers, pianos and other creative projects. Students are also learning to code using Scratch(scratch.mit.edu) and Code.org,