Instructional Technology Department
Do you need a Chromebook during the COVID-19 school closure? We had three initial timeframes available for you to pick up a Chromebook. If you are still in need, please make a copy & complete this form. Submit to Traci Bonde email@example.com
Do you need Internet during the COVID-19 school closure? Comcast & Xfinity making wifi hotspot free to all, announces other initiatives during outbreak Xfinity wifi free for everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free, including non-Xfinity internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity wifi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
If you do not see this hotspot in your neighborhood, Mike Lyon from Ridge Wireless is available to support you with free or low-cost Internet if he can reach your home with his solution: Ridge Wireless covers a pretty vast area; our coverage map can be seen here:
https://www.ridgewireless.net/ridge-wireless-coverage-area/ Please have them email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or, they can call anytime at 408-868-8006 and be sure you have them mention LGSUHSD family on either the call or the email. They will reach back out to them and see what we can do for them.
Thank You, Mike Lyon, Ridge Wireless
Read more here additional support: Home Learning: Network Information (credit: Berkeley Unified)
Connect All Students 12 million students don't have what they need to learn from home. Together, we can call on Congress to close the digital divide and #ConnectAllStudents. Share your story
This option (if you are eligible) will take 7-10 days minimum: Comcast Internet Essentials As the country deals with the effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Comcast is taking immediate steps to help connect more low-income families to the Internet at home. Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, new Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service. https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19 After completing your application, you may qualify if:
1. You are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI and others.
2. You do not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than a year old. Families with outstanding debt more than one year old may still be eligible.
3. You live in an area where Comcast Internet service is available but have not subscribed to it within the last 90 days. If your area does not offer Comcast, use this tool to find services in your area: https://www.highspeedinternet.com/providers.
Academic Resources for Students and Parents
- NEW: Guardian’s Guide to Privacy & Security Guardian’s Guide to Accessibility
- This chrome extension will help with mirroring and lag in Google Meet
- How do students access their LGSUHSD Canvas account?
- Getting Started with Canvas for students
- How do parents get a LGSUHSD Canvas account?
- Canvas overview video for parents and students
- How do I file a Canvas help request?
- How do students access their LGSUHSD Google account?
- Student Remote Learning Technology Guidelines
Consistency with choice, model workspace, training and support, reliability and availability of equipment. Options for Teachers:
Baseline Essentials Package:
Single Large (80” HDTV), Ultra Short Throw Projector (LED) or Interactive Projector
Lightspeed Audio Unit: HDMI output
USB DVD Player
The Instructional Technology Department supports staff and students in achieving the district's digital learning goals. LGSUHSD is a GSuite district. We also use Canvas as our Learning Management System. We support our students and staff on these and many other platforms as well as maintaining classroom technology and the district's network infrastructure.
LGSUHSD Access For All Students:
Los Gatos Saratoga Union High School District offers gently used laptops to eligible families. Students will receive a gently used laptop with a free operating system (Ubermix), Google Chrome, so they can achieve their learning objectives 24/7. We have partnered with EveryoneOn to offer eligible families low cost ($10.00 monthly) at home Internet so all students can access resources online 24/7. Learn more here: http://www.everyoneon.org/ Please make a copy & complete this form. Submit to Traci Bonde email@example.com for verification. I'll verify, respond to you & we'll prep a laptop and work with you for a handoff.