The mission of The Hope Center is to create a centralized location to house various social services, ministries and programs provided by the faith based community and its partners to better serve the needs of Union County residents.
The First Presbyterian Church sponsors and operates The Family To Family Furniture Bank. Our purpose is to extend emergency help to the people of Union County who have household needs whether from a temporary situation such as a fire or natural disaster or from long term financial distress.
We offer living room, dining room, bedroom, and kitchen furniture, appliances, and accessories. It is our hope that the community will donate their used furniture and businesses will donate returned, discontinued, or (minimally) damaged items for us to dispense to those in need.
HOURS FOR PICK UP AND DROP OFF: Saturdays from 10 a.m. to Noon
If you need furniture:
You will need to make an EAP (Emergency Assistance Program) appointment with The Hope Center’s receptionist. During this appointment, you will fill out an application for the items needed from The Furniture Bank. You will then be called by a volunteer from The Furniture Bank to designate an appointment when items that you’ve requested are available . Pick up for these items will be on a Saturday morning.
Family to Family Furniture Bank is in need of individuals to receive furniture from 10 am to noon on Saturdays. Tasks will include lifting, organizing the furniture and cataloging what is brought in. If you have any questions, please contact Tisha Miller.
Do You Have Items to Donate?
ITEMS (in good working condition) WE CAN ACCEPT:
- Sofas, chairs, tables, desks, bookcases, dressers, rockers, ottomans
- Working TV’s
- Beds and bed frames, nightstands, clean (unstained) mattresses
- Bed linens, blankets, towels, comforters
- Lamps: table and floor
- Large appliances: washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, microwave ovens
- Small appliances: toasters, toaster ovens, coffeepots, blenders, mixers, crockpots, electric skillets, roasters
- Dishes, serving pieces, pots and pans, utensils, silverware
- Decorative functional items: clocks, pictures, wall shelves, throw pillows, mirrors, baskets
- Tools, small lawn and garden items
- Wheelchairs, walkers, canes, bedside commodes, other handicapped items
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Clothes, shoes (Will be accepted by ReStored61 at Hope Center)
- Console TV’s
- Knick knacks
- Computers and other electronic equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Car seats of any kind
- Broken or dirty items (will do minor repairs)
- Motor vehicles
* Hours to receive donations are 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
* For more information call the Hope Center at 937-303-4209.
* Limited pick/up available for large quantities.
* Tax deductible receipts will be provided at time of delivery.