Mile High Bulletin
World Champion Kate Courtney Speaking
2018 XC World Champion Mountain Biker Kate Courtney will be on campus this Thursday, April 25th at 4:00 p.m. speaking to students and families. All students, families, and friends are welcome and encouraged to attend. Click here for more details.
Mile High's PTSA NEEDS YOUR HELP
Hello Mile High Parents/Guardians,
The Mile High PTSA is looking for fun and energetic leaders to volunteer for the 2019-2020 school year for the following positions:
Executive Board: (two year term limit)
- President (must possess communication and leadership skills)
- Vice President
- Treasurer (must have bookkeeping/accounting experience)
PTSA participates, coordinates, and sponsors many activities throughout the school year, such as:
- Schedule Pick-Up(beginning of school)
- Back-to-School Night (once/year)
- Staff/Teacher Meals (every other month = six)
- Picture Day (twice/year)
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (once/year)
- Concession Stand (all home sporting events)
- Student Days (one per quarter = four)
- Teacher-of-the-Year Banquet (once/year)
- Az MERIT & AIMS Testing Snacks (four days/year)
- 8th Grade Promotion (once/year)
Please consider “applying” for one of the positions listed above to keep this long standing tradition alive.
For those interested, please send an email to:
Positions must be filled by May 15, 2019.
Thank you for your consideration!
Mile High PTSA
Downtown Road Closures for Whiskey Off Road Race
This Friday, April 26th, numerous streets around the downtown area will be closed due to the Whiskey Off-road Bike Race. This document provides information and a map of how to successfully navigate the area to pick-up and/or drop off your child at school. Prescott PD will be on location to help direct traffic, but expect some possible delays.
21st Century community learning center
Mile High is applying for the 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) grant for the 2019-2020 school year. The 21st CCLC is a comprehensive before and after school program to assist with academics, youth development, and parent engagement. We will keep you posted on the progress.
Athletic Physicals for next year
If your current 8th grade child is interested in participating in any sport next year at Prescott High School or if your child is interested in wrestling at Mile High next school year, they will need a physical. On Wednesday, May 8th from 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. students will be able to get their physical completed at Prescott High School. Click here for more information.
- Thursday April 25th: World Champion Kate Courtney presentation at PMHMS 4 p.m..
- Friday April 26th: Girls Soccer Championship at Heritage M.S.
- Friday, April 26th: Whiskey Off-road Bike race / Road Closures
- Wednesday, May 1st: 7th grade Incentive day
- Tuesday May 14th: 8th grade Incentive Day
- Tuesday, May 14th, Rosa’s Pizzeria Mile High Fundraiser night 4-9 p.m.
- Friday, May 17: 8th grade Promotion Dance 7-9 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 22nd: 8th grade Promotion at PHS 6-8 p.m.
- Thursday, May 23rd: Last Day of School -Dismissal at 11:20 am
Registration for 2019-2020
Registration is taking place for next school year. If you would like to register your child for the 2019-2020 school year, please contact us at 928-717-3241 or email our registrar at email@example.com.
Staying informed and maintaining open communication is one of the keys to success for middle school parents. Click HERE to view several ways that Mile High Middle School helps parents stay informed.
Box Tops for Education
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year at Prescott Mile High Middle School! Box Tops for Education is a simple program that earns $$$ for our school. EVERYTHING that we earn as a school will go DIRECTLY into our classrooms and school. Our school will receive 10 cents for every Box Top submitted.
Please clip all Box Tops from items you already buy, and have your student put them in the green Box Tops Mailbox located in the school front office.
Please check out http://www.BoxTops4Education.com for a list of participating products and coupons. Also there are chances as a parent for Bonus Box Tops. Anything printed out can be turned in. Our School ID is: 206673. Please watch for upcoming contests at school for Box Tops collection drives. Thank you for helping us to take advantage of this great program to raise funds for our school!
"Badger U" After School Clubs
Mile High offers a variety of after school clubs. Click HERE for a list that includes which clubs are offered, when they meet, cost of participating, and other key information.
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATIONS
Children need healthy meals to learn. Prescott Unified School District offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced-price meals. Click HERE for more info and to apply for free and reduced lunch and breakfast options. You can apply or reapply for the 2018-2019 school year starting on July 1, 2018.