NOTICE TO HOLD TELECONFERENCE MEETING PER MINNESOTA STATUTE 13D.021
Due to the current federal and state emergency declarations and guidance about limiting person-to-person contact due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the April 13, 2020 school board work session and the April 20, 2020 regular board meeting will be conducted in accordance with Minnesota Statues 13D.021 – Meetings by Telephone or Other Electronic Means. One or more board members may participate by telephone or other electronic means. Persons may monitor this meeting remotely via a live stream.
You are welcome to the Board meetings of Pine River-Backus School District #2174. We value comments and input from employees and the public. We also stream the regular board meetings at http://stream.prbschools.org.
In the interest of maintaining an orderly meeting, we ask that you adhere to the following established guidelines:
1. Public Comments Procedure: The Pine River-Backus School Board has always appreciated public comments at our meetings - whether on agenda items or during public forum. In order to make the system work better and to make sure we know who is making comments, we're starting a new system. Now we will have you sign up at the beginning meeting so that we know you want to make comments. The comment cards are in the back of the room on the information table and after you fill out the card, you should give it to Cindy or Jolene. They will make sure that the Board Chair has the cards and the Chair will recognize speakers based on the cards provided. If you want to make a comment and have not filled out a card, simply raise your hand during public comment time and the Chair will do his/her best recognize you. As always comments must be professional, respectful and not jeopardize the District's obligation to protect data privacy, student confidentiality and employee privacy.
2. Items of concern not on the agenda may be presented during the Open Forum section of the meeting at the end of the agenda.
3. Please limit your comments to three minutes. A longer time may be allowed if deemed appropriate by the Board Chair.
4. During Public Comments and Time for Interaction with the Board on Agenda Items, the Board and Administration will listen to comments and respond immediately if possible and appropriate.
5. Disrespectful comments or comments of a personal nature will not be allowed to be presented or openly discussed during a Board meeting.
6. There will be no discussion of information that is classified as non-public data such as age, marital status, religion, dependents, health information, allegations, or any other information that is classified as both private and confidential by Minn. Stat. Ch. 13. A person who willfully violates data privacy is guilty of a misdemeanor. (Minn. Stat. Ch. 13.09)
7. Personnel concerns should follow the appropriate chain of command. These concerns should be addressed to the Building Principal; the next step should be to present the issue to the Superintendent. The final step would be to present the issue in writing to the School Board.