- THIS INSTITUTION IS AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER.
- Menu is subject to change without notice.
- Milk is served with each meal. Lactose free milk provided w/written parental request.
- Other Food Service Information.
Menus are the same for each grade level. Nutrition information changes based on the portion size.
- Kdgn-12th Grade - Free Breakfast for students.
- K-4 lunch is $1.55
- 5-12 lunch is $1.60
- Extra milk - 30 cents
- Extra entree - $1.00
- Free/Reduced Lunch is based on the information collected on the "Application For Educational Benefits" forms. Please complete and turn yours in each year.
2019-2020 Food Service Prices
Notice to all families - access to the Federal program allowing the school to offer free lunches to all students is expiring. Starting September 2019 the district will revert to regular lunch pricing. Lunches will be $1.60/meal for grades 5-12. Price for K-4 lunch is $1.55. Breakfasts will remain free to all students. Applications for free/reduced lunch will be available at high school orientation days and open houses at the start of the 2019-20 school year. Questions, please contact Food Service at (218) 587-2865.
After School Snacks
After School snacks are available to children enrolled in after school educational/enrichment programs. Following USDA guidelines, children are able to pick Two Items from the Four available Food Categories for their snacks: Dairy | Grains | Fruit/Vegetable | Protein
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
Free Breakfast and/or Lunch for children up to age 18 are provided at SFSP meal sites across the state. Breakfast and lunch will be served at Pine River-Backus on weekdays, August 5-22, 2019 with breakfast being from 8-9 am and lunch from 11- 12 pm. Adults are welcome but must pay (Breakfast $2.30 Lunch $ 4.05).
There are five easy ways to locate other SFSP meal sites based on a location:
- Download the Summer Eats Minnesota Mobile App, OR search the app store on your smartphone or device for the free app "Summer Eats Minnesota."
- Text "Summer Meals" to 97779. Spanish speakers, text "Verano" to 97779.
- Link to USDA Interactive Map Summer Food Rocks.
- Call the National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-Hungry or 1-877-8-HAMBRE, available from Monday through Friday, 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Central Time.
- Call the 2-1-1 Hotline or from cell phones – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211; Greater Minnesota: 800-543-7709; TTY: 651-291-8440.