Welcome to the Parent Resources Page.
Mobile Site Login (For phones and tablets)
You can pick up your login information for Skyward from the Elementary or High School Offices. You can also call the Elementary (218-587-4447) or High School (218-587-4425) office. You Skyward account will let you see your child's attendance, grades, and more. Scroll to the bottom of this page for more Skyward information. You can use the links above to log into the Skyward Family Access. Skyward also has a mobile app that can be installed on your phone or tablet. iOS | Android
- Announcements - High School - contains daily lunch and breakfast menu and updated sports schedules.
- Calendars - For activities, sports, schedules, ....
- Community Education
- Contact Information - 218-587-8000 | PRB District Office - 401 Murray Ave., PO Box 610, Pine River, MN 56474
- ECFE - Early Childhood Family Education
- Home Connect - Accelerated Reader - Grades 1-4
- MDE - Minnesota Department of Education | Parent/Guardian Guide to Statewide Testing
- Minnesota State High School League: PRB Teams.
- PRB Athletics - You can check the Calendars for schedules and the HS Daily Announcements page for daily updates.
- PCA - Positive Coaching Alliance - Resources for Parents, Students and Coaches.
- PRB Facebook - Connect with the PRB Facebook page.
- PRBE-PTO - PRB Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (PTO Facebook Group)
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th-, 11th- and 12th-grade students to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions.
- School Closings - Make sure that the school has your current phone number(s) for the automated phone calling system. You can also go to the TV stations and sign up for emails and/or text messages from them.
- School Supply List - 2018-19 - Preschool | K-6th Grade | 7-8th Grade
- School Websites - Links to other school websites can be found under the School Sites link in the top menu bar. This includes links to ECFE, Elementary, High School, and ALC sites.
- Skyward Login Link - Access your child's grades, attendance and other features. Skyward is where each parent (K-12) and each student (5-12) has an account and can track things such as grades, attendance, assignments, and lunch balances. Parents can also control the types of notifications they want to receive. Contact the school office if you are a parent or guardian and need your login information. For more information, scroll to the bottom of this page. Skyward from a mobile device: Parents & Students
- State Testing Schedule - Found towards the bottom of the Calendar page. | Parent/Guardian Guide to Statewide Testing
- Streaming of some events - Check the Streaming web page. http://stream.prbschools.org
- Teacher Webpages - Links to the individual teacher webpages can be found on the Contact Us - Directory page.
Skyward is the student information system for the district. Parents/Guardians have an account that is tied to each student that they have in the district. (Link to login site.) If you do not know your account information, you can call the school office and they can get you your login information. Once you are logged into your account, you can access the following information:
- Your child's attendance records.
- NEW - 2-3 weeks after a quarter ends, the report cards will be posted to your Skyward account. Click on the Portfolio tab.
- Your child's food service records. What school meals have they eaten and what is their balance? If you set it up, you can also put money into your child's food service account using a credit card. Check the Food Service page for more information.
- You can check and make sure the school has the correct addresses and phone numbers for contacting you.
- You can go to the Skylert tab and control the email and other notification. More instructions are listed below.
- You can see your child's current grades. Click on the Grade book tab. Then you can click on the letter grade and see a list of assignments/activities. Each grade/teacher grades differently. If you have questions about the grades, please first contact the teacher.
- Some grade levels have a paper rubric for sharing your child's progress (K-1).
- Some grades/classes are using standards-based grades.
- Teachers communicate to the students how they grade at the beginning of a class. They will be happy to share that information with you. This information is often posted on the teacher's website. To see if they have a class website, go to the the Contact Us under the Welcome heading and scroll down to find the teacher contact information.
- Students in grades 5-12 also have their own accounts so that they can check their own grade book and attendance records.
Skyward Website Navigation
1. Change students if you have more than one in the district. If a student is in more than one school, change the school to Pine River-Backus Elementary, or High School. These are the only ones that have email notifications.
2. The Account Info button brings you to this screen where you can check and make sure that your contact information is correct. You can add or change your email address from the Account Info screen. If an address or phone number is incorrect, please call the school office.
3. Click on the Skylert link to get to the Notifications screen. You can get email notifications on attendance, grades and low balances in the food service account. (Low balance notifications are only sent to one parent. To make sure that it works, please make sure that both parents have an email address set up in their own accounts. Another option is to have the office check and make sure that the parent with email set up is the first in the list for email notifications.)
School Phone and Email Notifications for Parents:
Parents can control what notifications they want to receive from the school district. There are two places to make changes once you log into your parent account.
For phone calls, click on Skylert on the bottom of the left-hand side. Then you can check or uncheck the options for each phone that you have in the system. (Please call the school office if the numbers are no longer correct.) You can make these changes for each child individually. For text messages, at the bottom of the list of contact numbers, you can set up a phone to get the messages through texts.
For email notifications, click on My Account at the top right-hand side of the screen. You can then update your email address and the types of emails you would like to receive (attendance, grades, progress report and food service balance.)
If you want to get notified when your child visits the school nurse, you need to check the Receive Health Office Visit Notifications.