Cass County Health, Human, & Veterans Services
- Backus Office: IMU Phone: (218) 947-7530
- Physical Address: 218 Washburn Ave E, Backus MN 56435 Mailing Address: PO Box 51, Backus MN 56435
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Veterans Service Officer Phone: (218) 947-7534 Asst Veterans Service Officer Phone: (218) 947-7531
- Walker Office: Phone: (218) 547-1340
- Physical Address: 400 Michigan Avenue W, Walker MN 56484 Mailing Address: P.O. Box 519, Walker MN 56484
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Off-Hours Emergency: (218) 547-1424
Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts- Contact the Central MN Boy Scout Council at (320) 251-3930
4-H - County 4-H Program Coordinator, (218) 587-8280
Girl Scouts - Contact the Land of Lakes Girl Scout Council (800) 955-6032
Lakes Area Mat Rats
- For youth ages 4 years old - 9th grade. www.lakesareamatrats.com/
- Contacts Coach: Roy Swenson 218-232-2791, President: Shannon Abraham 218-947-3263 or email@example.com, Vice President: Gary Carlson 218-507-0010, Secretary: Stacy Cummings 218-851-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Treasurer: Cristina Ruhl 218-587-2144 or email@example.com
- MAILING ADDRESS: Lakes Area Mat Rats, PO Box 652, Pine River, MN 56474
PRB Booster Club - PRB Booster Club is a non-profit organization supporting all extra curricular activities in the Pine River Backus School District. The club welcomes parents and community members to help support extracurricular activities for K-12 PRB students. Funds are raised through: a summer golf tournament, Homecoming tailgate parties, malts sales and Tiger Spirit items at athletic events. For more information or to request funds, firstname.lastname@example.org, or join us at open meetings the 1st Monday of each month at 6 pm in the School Commons/Cafeteria.
PRBE Parent - Teacher Organization
The Warehouse - a Community Center in Pine River 218-587-5404 / www.thewarehousepr.org
- Open to 5th-12th grade students Mon-Thurs 3:00-6:00 pm, Fri 3:00-10:00 pm and Sat. 7:00-10:00 pm. Closed to students when the PRB School is closed, cancelled, or let-out early. August hours are Friday evenings from 7:00-10:00 pm.
- The After School Program is funded in part by Pine River-Backus Community Ed and donations from the community. the Web Site www.thewarehousepr.org, or stop in and pick up the Warehouse calendar for updates.
- Your support is appreciated. Call Sharon at 218-587-5404 with your questions. Send donations to: The Warehouse, PO Box 195, Pine River, MN 56474.
Pine River-Backus Family Center - http://prbfamilycenter.org/ (218-587-4292) is located on Barclay Ave in Downtown Pine River. A variety of services are offered and available including: Parent/Children's Book lending library, Parenting groups, Summer programs for elementary age youth and Community Service projects for high school age students.
- Hidden Jewels - Thrift Store
- Parent ToolKit
- Working Together Coalition - This program works with efforts to reduce underage drinking in particular, and plans and implements community initiatives.
Cass County Public Health at the Family Center
- WIC Clinics take place the 1st Wednesday and Thursday of the month. Immunizations are available 1st Wednesday 9:30 am - 11:30 am.
- Monthly Child and Teen Checkup Clinics - Call Karen at 587-4292 to schedule an appointment.
Pine River Chamber of Commerce
- http://www.pinerivermn.com/ , 218-587-4000
- Miss Pine River Pageant at the Pine River-Backus High School Gym.
Happy Dancing Turtle "Happenings" calendar! Calendars can be picked up at: PRB Comm. Ed. Office, Pine River Chamber of Commerce Info. Center, Pine River Library, and Hunt Utilities Group Campus. Or call 218-587-2303 to have a copy mailed to you.
Pine River Area Garden Club meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 6:30pm at The Warehouse in Pine River. Call Mim Brien for details at 587-3546.
Pine River Area Art Club meets the 1st Wednesday of each month at 10am in The Warehouse and has a monthly Paint Day on the 2nd Monday of each month at 10am also at The Warehouse. Call Ellie for more info: 587-5282.
Lutheran Social Service has opportunities for volunteers in the Pine River area! The Senior Nutrition site is always looking for individuals willing to deliver home meals to folks unable to come to the congregate dining site. The Senior Companion Program utilizes stipended volunteers to do friendly visits and provide transportation to lonely, isolated Seniors. The Foster Grandparent Program works in partnership with local schools to provide opportunities to work with children as mentors & tutors. Both Foster Grandparents and Senior Companions must be 60 years or better in age and willing to volunteer 15 hours per week. In return, these volunteers receive a tax free stipend and mileage reimbursement. For more information please call 1-800-563-8150 or email email@example.com
BiCap Head Start and Early Head Start
- "Head Start is a national program that promotes school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through educational, health, nutritional, social and other services for enrolled children and families. For more information on the programs in the Pine River-Backus area, please call 947-4813 (Angie ext. 228 - Head Start or Nickie ext. 222 - Head Start and Early Head Start)."
Bi-Cap Energy Assissistance:
- website: www.bicap.org
- Bi-Cap Walker (Cass County) (800) 332-7135 or (218)547-3438
- The energy assistance program helps low-income households pay a portion of their home heating bills. Payments are made directly to the household’s fuel vendor.
- Eligibility and grant size is based on household gross income for the past three months, household size and consumption for the past 12 months. Applicants may rent or own their home. Households must provide proof of gross income when they apply. Homeowners may also be eligible for repair or replacement of non-functioning heating systems.
Working Together Coalition - Website Link
PRB Schools Solar Array - Click the link to view current and historical output data for the PRB Schools solar array that was implemented as part of the Solar Schools project in alliance RREAL Solar. To learn more about the Solar Schools project, click here.
Please contact Community Education if you would like information on this page updated. 218-587-2080