Adult Basic Ed 218-855-8165
Brainerd Adult Basic Education - Teaching Adult Learners In The Brainerd Lakes Area.
Brainerd ABE welcomes the neighboring school districts of Crosby- Ironton, Pequot Lakes, and Pine River- Backus as they join with us to promote educational opportunities for adult learners in our communities.
Brainerd ABE is now located at Central Lakes College in Brainerd, MN
501 W College Drive, Brainerd, MN 56401 (Room C108 & C109)
We offer free classes to support your goals. No Tuition Fees!
Access Distance Learning
- Many classes offered include access to online instruction. Eligibility requirements will apply.
- Ask us about the Northstar Digital Literacy Modules and Exam
Everyone starts ABE enrollment by taking an assessment, the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Once the TABE has been completed, we will create your personal education plan. Call today to learn more about classes and to schedule your TABE assessment. ABE enrollment and classes start August 24th. For more information call: 218-855-8186 or email email@example.com
Brainerd Adult Basic Education offers confidential, self-paced learning, personal education plans, small group classes, individualized instruction, free books, flexible schedules, and ongoing enrollment.
Adult Basic Education’s mission in Minnesota is to provide adults with educational opportunities to acquire and improve skills necessary for participation as productive workers, family, and community members.
Earn A GED Diploma (ABE offers discounts on GED testing fees – limited availability, so act now.)
Prepare for GED content and computer-based testing process. We’ll also help you register for GED Testing.
· Reasoning Through Language Arts
· Mathematical Reasoning
· Social Studies
Prepare For Enrollment in College (Accuplacer Preparation)
· Enroll in ABE Accuplacer preparation classes. Practice skills in reading and math before taking the Accuplacer.
· Enroll in ABE courses for Basic Math or Basic Reading as a prerequisite for Developmental Education classes. (based upon your Accuplacer score)
Boost Your Readiness for Employment
· Prepare for the Work Keys Exam to earn a National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC).
Reading for Information, Applied Math, and Locating Information
· The NCRC helps job applicants verify skills for prospective employers.
Brush-Up the Basics
· Skills Brush Up: Reading, Writing, Math, and Basic Computer
Brainerd Adult Basic Education programming is offered through Brainerd ISD 181 Community Education
This initiative is made possible with a grant from the MN Department of Education
and federal funding from the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act of 2014.
Brainerd ABE…Celebrating 50 Years of Teaching Adult Learners!
Opportunity Innovation Success