Information on the May 14, 2019 Bond Referendum
Pine River-Backus Schools has partnered with Kodet Architectural Group, LTD to design new facilities and renovate existing spaces to better serve our students and community. You will find electronic versions of informational documents below.
ABSENTEE at Pine River City Hall:
Friday May 10th 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Saturday May 11th 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Monday May 13th 8:00AM - 5:00PM
VOTE IN PERSON Tuesday, May 14th 7:00AM to 8:00PM.
Remember, all precincts vote at Pine River City Hall!
Public Information Sessions are scheduled for January 15, February 19, March 5, and April 18, 2019.
Final Public Information Session - Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
Come and see updates made to the projects based on questions and suggestions from the previous sessions.
All sessions will be held in the High School Media Center at 5:30 PM.
The team from Kodet Architectural Group created a video of the Student Session hosted April 30th. The architect team brought 3D models, virtual reality goggles and building plans that students could use to offer suggestions and ask questions.
High School students used the opportunity to share their ideas, learn about the architecture process behind the projects and give their unique knowledge to the designs.
Our students have so much talent to share, enjoy the video!
Check out the list of Frequently Asked Questions we've been collecting from the Public Information Sessions, students and staff.
See the coverage on our project in the local paper with the links below:
- 4/9/2019 “Absentee ballots available for PR-B Schools referendum” – Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
- 3/16/2019 “Pine River-Backus School District: School space, safety questions addressed” – Travis Grimler, Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
- 3/1/2019 “Pine River-Backus School District: Bond referendum questions answered. Architect plans develop with student/staff input” – Travis Grimler, Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
- 2/11/2019 “Tiger Talk: Updated facilities needed for students, community” – Dave Endicott, PRB Superintendent, Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
- 1/24/2019 “Pine River-Backus School District: Bond referendum details explained” – Travis Grimler, Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
- 1/13/2019 “Pine River-Backus School District: First public meeting on bond referendum slated Jan. 15” – Travis Grimler, Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
- 12/21/2018 “Pine River-Backus School Board: Referendum project funding changes. May referendum eyed.” – Travis Grimler, Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
- 12/14/2018 “Pine River-Backus Schools: $16.2 million in projects outlined - Feedback meetings scheduled” – Travis Grimler, Pine & Lakes Echo Journal
Kodet Architectural Group Fact Sheet - a one page handout with project descriptions, estimated square footage and costs per project
Click the document from The Morris Leatherman Company to read a summary of the telephone survey responses.
Find details on the financial impact to district properties on the last page of the Estimates for Review & Comment document.
You will find links to the projects at the top right-hand corner of this site under Projects or under the three bars on the left-hand side if you are on a smartphone.