Welcome to the Tech Playground!
PHS Library and Technology Media Center
April 2nd, 2018
Tech Playground Guest Speaker - Dr. Jeremiah Frink @jeremiahfrink
Enabling Digital Learners
With a device in every student's’ hand, students are truly becoming citizens of our digital world. This does not mean they magically know how to use the devices for effective and appropriate learning practices. Just as we seek to help them become effective learners, it is our role to help them become productive and appropriate citizens in their digital learning interactions. This can feel like one more task for the teacher. However, embedding a strand of digital learning and citizenship into your curriculum can truly release the power of a one to one environment. In our session, we will look at ways to embed critical digital learning practices into your classroom in a meaningful way. Although this is not a tool training, many different tools will be discussed as examples are highlighted. Project ideas, organizers, templates, and websites will be shared as part of the session which can be used by attendees.
Poster sessions during "Unconference" Session:
· LAN School - Mrs. Lancaster will demonstrate LANSchool Chromebook Monitoring in your classroom to see what the students see on their devices.
· Class Craft - Mr. Spaltholz will demonstrate how you can gamify your classroom and unlock your student’s potentials.
· Flocabulary - Mrs. Borges will get your classroom moving, grooving and learning with Flocabulary.
Meet the IT Team "THE PITCREW"
· The PITCREW will be showcasing new technology from CDW-G and Dell with our Reps from those companies
· Need help don't be shy ask one of our experts for help with any Chromebook, PC or Mac related question. We will work with you to make sure you have the answers you need quickly.
· Need help with district related software like Frontline Absence Management, Phoenix or Aspen, forgot your password, or just need help in general. We will provide you with the service you need to regain access and speed through the software like a champion.
· Lots of hands on learning for all!
· PITCREW GIVEAWAYS!
Follow us on Twitter: