Wednesday Directions - To Camp (please arrive by 8:00-8:15 AM)
PCXC Weekly Update: August 13-19
- For those not attending camp, practices are 8:30 to 10:30 each day at PCHS. You should do the normal warm-up run, dynamic drills, and stretch.
Sunday - 8:15 Team Camp - Meet at PCHS Student parking lot.
Monday - Long run for the week top boys 75 min, other groups add 5 minutes to your longest run. + 6 strides
Tuesday - 15 minute warm-up to Red Barn at Celery Flats. Boys 10-12 hill loops/Girls 7-9 loops continuous
Wednesday - Boys 45 min, Girls 35 min
Thursday - West MS
Friday - Portage Central Early Bird at West MS. There is a $5 parking fee. We still need volunteers to help with parking.
- 7:30 - Athletes be at West MS (park on Leawood St)
- 9:00 - Boys Race
- 9:45 - Girls Race
- 10:30 - Awards
- Team Clean-up afterwards. Everyone is expected to stay to clean-up.
- Sign up for PCXC!
- Camp Info, Packing List, Permission Forms (PDF | MS Word)
- PCXC Gear (use code - R2DJH) - Sales close on Sunday, August 12, 11:59 PM
- Text alerts (link) - This is a new group for 2018. You will need to sign up, even if you have done this in past years.
- PC Early Bird Volunteers - We have still need parking volunteers. We have enough water station volunteers.
- Subway Order Form 2018 - Please submit a form and payment to Coach Wytko by Monday, August 20.
Riding Home from Meets Form - Usually, we have 2 buses taking us to the meet and only 1 bus will be returning. We ask that athletes stay for all races.
Physicals, Pay-to-Participate & Code of Conduct
- Physical Form
- Pay to Participate Site
- Code of Conduct Dates:
- Tuesday, August 14 - 7:00 PM - PCHS Gymnasium
- Tuesday, August 21 - 7:00 AM - PCHS Community Room
What do you need for cross country?
- Properly fitted running shoes.
- Running watch - Timex Ironman watches are the most economical. The watch should be able to take at least 30 splits. Some runners use a GPS type of watch, but these are more expensive.
- Black pants for warm-ups. These can be the soccer style pants, running tights. We issue navy warm-up jackets.
Athlete Kit -(your equipment bag)
- Athletic.net - select the year that you want to view just above the calendar section.
Get the Right Shoe for You!
- What is the right shoe for you?
- What is your foot type?
- How does your foot pronate?
- What is the right shoe for your foot type?
PCXC Related Links
- Twitter @pcxcmustangs
- Instagram - pcxcmustangs
- Cross Country is...(good little article)
- Results & Stats on Athletic.net
- Top 20 Recorded Times for PCXC on Anet
- Past Cross Country Results
- PCXC Shutterfly Photos
- Portage Invite Website
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- MHSAA Health & Safety
- Course Location - Portage West Middle School
- Directions to Camp
General Cross Country Links