Acceptable Use Policy
How to Access the Internet
Pomfret provides two Wifi networks with different types of access:
- Guest - open access between the hours of 06:00 and 20:00. Connections are limited to websites only.
- Pomfret - secured network with access hours based on grade level
- To authorize your device, connect to the network called "Pomfret".
- Try to visit a website (such as cnn.com or weather.com). You may be warned that the site is not secure but it's okay to continue.
- Agree to the Acceptable Use Policy
- Click the grey "Start" button
- Log in with your Pomfret username/password (without the @pomfretschool.org).
- Wait about 45 seconds for the registration process to complete.
- Once it's finished, close your browser entirely (you can use Command+Q on a Mac)
- Either turn off or disconnect from the wifi, wait 10 seconds and reconnect to "Pomfret"
- You should now be online
- Report any error messages to email@example.com or at 860-963-5607
Below are a couple screenshots showing steps 4 and 5 of this process.