Mrs. P.'s Bio
Meet D'Lee Pollock-Moore
Chief of Academics & Co-Founder
JULY 2015 - PRESENT
Warren County High School, Warren County Schools, Warrenton, Georgia
- English Teacher and Teacher Leader, System Innovation Specialist
● Taught every grade level and ability level on an extended day schedule.
● Led the school-wide Literacy Team and Professional Learning.
● Served on the District-wide Pre-Administration Team / Superintendent’s Team.
● Coordinated every system teacher’s professional learning at The Ron Clark Academy.
● Served on the State School Superintendent’s Teachers’ Advisory Council beginning 2018.
JULY 2014 - JUNE 2015
Thomson High School, McDuffie County School System, Thomson, Georgia
- English Teacher and One Act Play / Literary Coordinator
● Coached our literary team to finishing 2nd in the region.
● Led a grade level team for the English department.
JUNE 2006 - JUNE 2014
Bryan County High School, Bryan County Schools, Pembroke, Georgia -
English Department Chair and A.P. Language Teacher
● Led a department of eight teachers to academic success.
● Taught A. P. Language and Composition, American Literature and Composition, and 9th Gifted Literature and Composition.
● Coordinated the BCHS Literary Team with many first and second place wins.
AUGUST 2017 - PRESENT
Valdosta State University, Valdosta, Georgia - Pursuing Specialist’s in Teacher Leadership
January 2005-July 2009
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Georgia - Master’s of Arts, English Education
AUGUST 2002 - DECEMBER 2004
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Georgia - Bachelor’s of Arts, English,
Minor in Speech Communication
AUGUST 2000-MAY 2002
Darton College, Albany, Georgia - Associate’s of Arts, Speech
AUGUST 1997-MAY 2001
Lee County High School, Leesburg, Georgia - Diploma with Distinction
Awards and Professional Achievements
Received the Bryan County High STAR Teacher award in 2010, 2012, and 2013.
Received the Savannah Morning News Teachers of Excellence Award in 2010 and 2011.
Honored as a Mentor for an Eagle Scout Court of Honor in 2011 by the Boy Scouts of America.
Teacher Blog featured as pingback on Paula Kluth’s Differentiation Daily in March 2014.
Honored as CSRA RESA’s Techie Teacher of the Month for February 2015.
Taught Close Reading Seminar at CSRA RESA / GRU’s conference in Summer 2015.
Published author of The Twenty-fifth Year, a volume of verse, in November 2015.
Honored as Teacher of the Year for Warren County High in 2016.
Honored for Volunteer Award by the Hindu Temple Society for Teaching SAT Classes.
Published article in The Atlanta-Journal Constitution and The Washington Post 2016.
Honored as System Teacher of the Year for Warren County in 2017.
Honored as a CSRA Golden Apple Teacher by WJBF News Channel 6 in 2018.