Edmonton & Area Events
Events July & August
- Whyte Avenue Art Walk: July 6-8
- Edmonton International Street Performers Festival: July 10-15
- FISE World Action Sports Festival: July 13-15
- Taste of Edmonton: July 18-29
- K-Days: July 20-29
- Edmonton Heritage Festival: August 4-6
- Cariwest: August 10-12
- Youth Day YEG 2018: August 11
- Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival: August 16-26
- Down and Dirty 5 km Obstacle Course in support of the Alberta Cancer Foundation: August 18
- Alberta Open Farm Days: August 19-20
- Viva Italia Day: August 27
Find out what's happening every day on the City of Edmonton's Events Calendar
- Apply to the Guiding Coalition on Public Engagement with your resume and three references by Friday, July 6.
- Splash and swim for free at one of the City’s outdoor pools.
- Picnic at one of Edmonton's many parks.
- Make a new Edmonton resident feel welcome with the City’s New Resident Programs.
- Have your kids learn about Treaty 6 and the first peoples of this land through the Flying Eagle at various Green Shacks.
- Explore the outdoors with your family through Nature Alberta’s Family Nature Nights.
- Stroll or amble through your neighbourhood with a free Communities on Foot Map of your (or someone else’s!) area.
- Shoot some hoops or play some ball hockey at the Coliseum Drop-In Recreation Area in August.
- Link a youngster to some awesome YEGyouth Summer Events.
- Stay cool at a City spray park.
- Snack on berries in Edmonton's Food Forest.
- Sign your child up for a summer day camp.
- Discover how the City can help you with community programs and neighbourhood events.
- Give your opinion by joining the Edmonton Insight Community.
- Find your nearest community leagueand become a member.
- Check out other City e-newslettersand discover what's here for you.
Free Youth Programs
The City’s Neighbourhood Recreation Experiences Team is excited to introduce a new program model for Youth that will be offered year round.
Starting in July a free, drop-in youth program will be offered in six major City of Edmonton Recreation Centres: Terwillegar. The Meadows, Clareview, Commonwealth, St. FX, Millwoods
The program branded “ YEG youth” will be open to youth ages 13-17 who are members and non-members.
No fee is attached to the program-participation is free, and no registration is required.
Youth can drop in to the program, which runs for three hours once a week, to participate in sports, art, fitness, cultural activities etc.
We will continually be exploring with, and introducing youth to new experiences and activities.
In the fall this program will be expanded to include up to 6 neighbourhood/school locations.
Information about the Summer Youth Drop-In program can be found on the COE website here.
The poster for all of our Summer Youth Programs and Events can be found here.
Spring-Summer 2018 Priceless Fun Guide Now Available
Check out all the free and low cost events and opportunities available this spring and summer.
The guide is available on-line and at the City’s leisure centres and libraries