What is ACE?
Abundant Community Edmonton (ACE) is a program designed to connect neighbours and to make communities safer and more vibrant places to live. People are at the heart of ACE and so is the idea that when neighbours come together, the community flourishes.
How does ACE work?
Each neighbourhood block is assigned a Block Connector, a community volunteer who acts as the point person for the families living on the block. They begin by introducing their neighbours at an informal gathering, such as a barbecue, open house, or wine and cheese. The Block Connector then interviews each household on their block to find out what activities they would like to participate in with neighbours, what skills they might use for the benefit of the community and to discover their vision for the neighbourhood. Interview responses are then cataloged and used to create community groups and activities, to help neighbours in need, and to shape the neighbourhood according to the ideals of its residents.
What are the benefits?
- A greater sense of connection and belonging
- Better community programs, groups and activities
- Economic growth:local businesses, including home-based businesses, are better promoted and supported
- Increased safety: neighbours who know each other are more likely to notice suspicious activity and to help each other in emergency situations
- Neighbourhood empowerment: greater networking for residents advocating for change; more effective collaboration with municipal agencies
How can I find out more about ACE in Pleasantview?
To find out more or get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are Pleasantview residents saying?
See What We Heard so far from Pleasantview residents who have answered questions about their neighbourhood and how they might get involved.
What We Heard from Our Neighbours.
The City offers some resources for Abundant Community Edmonton.